Frustrating

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm Helena, I have a over active bladder and I've been under the hospital now 18 months and finally Doctors want me to self catherise at bed time. But now 3 times my appointment to have my training as been cancelled it's really getting on my nerves now.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helena,

I can totally understand your frustration, and i can't believe they tread you the way they do. I would not feel taken serious if this would happen to me.

I remember the day i was trained. I had a retention of 400ml in my bladder and a foley catheter was insert right away. I should be trained as soon as possible, but the nurse who did the trainings had her last working day before she went on holiday for 2 weeks. I was sent home and felt very distressed by this sudden situation. Luckily she called me that same day, there was a gap in her agenda and i could see her that same day.

I hope you can soon have your appointment, and that it can make a different in your well being.

• Posted

Thankyou, I have telephoned yet again today to get an appointment and the receptionist wasn't sure if nurse was still off sick. I asked if she's only one who can train me on the use of catheters. Making more and more fed up and I've no quality of life at all, I can stay out or go on holiday because of it. 

Helena xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.