Frustrating Abdominal Symptoms with No Answer

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m not sure if some of these symptoms are related or not, but I’ll lay them all out just in case someone has some answers based off them.

A year and a half ago, I went to the doctor because of pain in my scrotum, he prescribed me an antibiotic for epididimytus after a physical exam. I didn’t actually take the medicine because I was just happy it wasn’t a more serious condition.

Over time the pain went away, and was replaced by swelling, still in my left testicle. Then in the last few months I’ve noticed abdominal softness and swelling, as well as a weird feeling near my rectum. More recently I’ve experienced lower back pain, slight tailbone pain,  hip pain (near the top), and maybe slight swelling near the top of my abdomen. I went to another doctor a few weeks ago, and she did a urinalysis, she said it came back perfectly normal, no blood in the urine. She said my fears about colon or prostate cancer aren’t likely, and prescribed me another antibiotic, which I haven’t been able to afford to pick up yet. 

My symptoms keep bugging me, and have me worried all throughout my day. I just want to know what’s up, and what I can do about it. I keep worrying about chronic illness, but I can’t afford a proper diagnosis. 

I’m 24 years old. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also have a good bit of gas. 

I’ve looked at IBS, chronic epididmytis/orchitus, nerve damage, and various other things as possible factors. I also had a rollover car acccident last summer I was never examined after, so there could be a slipped disc somewhere, but I think I would have noticed sooner and I don’t know why that would cause hip pain.

• Posted

My phone bill is a dollar a month thanks to Virgin Mobile’s deal. But regardless, it’s hard to imagine all my symptoms coming from a simple infection.
  • Posted

Hi joseph88184

Your problem is you need to take the antibiotics which you should have taken on the first diagnosis then you would not be going through your problems now.....get the antibiotics and take them otherwise you are going to get a very bad infection which may not be controlled if you let it go any further. I suggest borrowing some money from a friend or family and get the antibiotics down you asap...best wishes....

• Posted

Hi Joseph, you have 100% same case with my husband. And it was found out to be kidney stones. He was given antibiotics but not to take more than 7 days because if you drink it more than the prescribed term your liver will suffer and of course if that happened, your kidney will also suffer. You know what Synthetic medicines can do. It could possibly lead to kidney failure. Scared that it would lead to that, we tried to look for a alternative medicine and to our surprise it worked real quick. He is drinking Triantioxidant and Liveright we bought from FKC. And he is so so better.. You can check it here if you want, it could help you. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I would try to find out if anyone can pick your latest  prescription for you. I would also check to see if your first antibiotic is still in date and if it is, I would start taking it and finish the course. Always take the medication your doctor prescribes you. If you had an infection, it may have got worse because you didn't take the medication to clear it up.

• Posted

Two updates...

My whole family got the flu, so it’s hard to tell if new symptoms are related to that or not, but I’ve having some left flank pain, kidney pain, cold sweats, and more. I’m two days out of the major flu symptoms. 

I’ve also started on my antibiotic, at last. New health insurance kicked in.

Still puzzled abou what (worried about nasty) condition I hope I don’t have. I’ve looked at the symptoms for Lyme Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Pancreatic Cancer, Lymphoma, and more. I just want to feel well again, and hope I don’t have anything serious. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.