Frustrating pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

After several years of chronic necrotizing pancreatitis I am left in severe daily pain.  I have been in and out of the hospital the last 6 months for it. Last week I was given a prescription for pain killers as I usually upon discharge. Today my doctor was not happy that I have used almost all of the pills. If I took them as prescribed I would have ran out several days ago. I understand there is an option epidemic in the world but it's so frustrating when the doctor is upset I used the medication he gave me and actually less than prescribed. It makes me feel as though he is speaking to me as I am a bad person for being in pain and did something wrong by taking his medicine. I am so frustrated being in this much pain everyday. Has anyone felt like this? Is there anything else that helps any of you besides pain killers? Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They all act like that. I live in Alabama and we are the number one most prescribed opiates in the country. As an RN and one who too has to take them for my Pancreatitis and other problems I feel your pain. Let some of these Drs experience this pain and maybe they would understand more. If I were you I would consider a pain clinic and perhaps fentynyl patch. I hope your pain subsides soon. 

DJ-RN

• Posted

Thank you so much! Sometimes just hearing from someone like you makes me at least feel I'm not alone! Thanks again

• Posted

Yw. It's a hard thing to juggle. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.