frustrating times for diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello there

to all with we think svt here is our story over last 4 months...... our daughter aged 10..... 6 or 7 trips via ambulance to hospital, ecg's galore

finally we managed to get some info possible svt...... so her symptons.... pains in chest, headaches, sore back and stomach ache feeling sick and heart racing. by the time ecg is on its to late to be recorded

had done a echo cardio gram and no murmur....... next week a 7 day tape is being fitted to her

she has just had an attack tonight lasted 45-50 minutes, bowl of cold water with her face dunked seemed to help tonight

any advice while we wait for this tape to be fitted , every week around 4-5 attacks sometimes 2 a day and totally random

thanks all

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi its awful I had a small one tonight it lasted 15 mins mine normally go on for a couple of hours ive had to have a jab at a&e to stop it before its not a pleasant thing to have , they have said it wont kill me , shes so young as well to be dealing with it have u tried when it happens to lay her down on her right side and curl up in a ball x
  • Posted

LEFT side, NOT right . . so sorry about your daughter. If mine starts the rattle daytimes I have rode my bike around the farm getting bounced about. The one remedy I have found was a very rough ambo ride (ours dont seem to have shock absorbers), the drugs didnt work, the shaking about of "me" did. I dont have anyone to tickle me but it did cross my mind that maybe this would have worked too. Wishing her the best of luck - - Jay.
  • Posted

Hey angelhark, just wondering, do you have anyone to hold you down and tickle you , need someone to experiment ? Because I am thinking that would be nicer for a kid, than dunking her in cold water . . .
  • Posted

Yes I m going to get my husband to try it , its worth a go xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.