Frustration

Posted , 9 users are following.

In December I went to an oral surgeon after having been to my dentist and my family doctor, who didn't have any idea what was going on with me.  The oral surgeon did a biopsy and in January he told me I had oral cancer.  Scared and not knowing where to turn, I called my family doctor again and he said he thought it was misdiagnosed.  He had the patholgist re-run the biopsy.  The next day the oral surgeon called and said the lab had made a mistake!  Now I have been sent from the oral surgeon (who feels he can't help me) to an ENT (who was a waste of my time).  I am so frustrated.  I have been on steroids, which helped but comes right back with a vengence after I finish the meds.  My mouth hurts all the time.  The ENT gave me a cream but if you over use it, it can cause thrush!  I am willing to try herbal remedies if anyone has any suggestions.  I keep reading about others that have gone gluten free.  I just don't know where to turn.  Suggestions welcome.

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also have heard of purslane, bought seeds online, plan to grow them and see if they don't help with my LP though they are recommended specifically for OLP.  --let us know if you try it and how it responds!

• Posted

I've got some purslane growing now!  Will post later on how it goes and if it tastes good.  You can buy supplements too.  It's not going to be a quick fix though.
  • Posted

My oral surgeon (no longer see human) told me I had penthouse which is pretty much a deadly disease. It was a wonderful herbalist and ENT that confirmed LP. Vitamin C, acupuncture, hi modification and some oral paste when needed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.