Frustration after a good day

Posted , 7 users are following.

OK ladies, today was a pretty good day of course I had my normal bloat/tightness but even that did not last as long, which is good, I have been drinking LOTS of herbal teas ginger lemon water, maca, and garlic, Apple Cider vinegar, OK, here is the weirdness issue and anyone can jump in,  tonight I felt leg pain, arm pain, joint pain chills ect. I took my temp its OK. I have had all of this before with peri so I am not alarmed too much, but its odd how we can have a great day or most of it and wham, peri comes back in full force.  I just needed to vent., I am so angry, frustrated, and honestly bitter. I have to get some relief from this , I just cant take it. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

agree with you lennie

Im surprised how some of  the symptoms are lurking somewhere and without indication wham they hit you overnight kinda, straight in your face again

ive never had a full day of being well but i welcome even half a day ( evenings are better for me) but old symtoms plus a 'new friend' comes back and bring you down again !

• Posted

Hi Gentle, me too, its rare that I have even a good day and for it tend with this crap is upsettintg. On a good note, I feel better this morning, but its early.  I will think good thoughts and pray
  • Posted

You get tightness too?

whats our temp supposed to be?

but good you felt relatively ok today.

i LIVE on herbal teas and ACV and lemon water etc these days...

im taking my temperature now btw... I saw a Chinese dr today and she advised for those who experience digestive disorders to keep away from cold food/beverages.. Apparently they use a tonne of energy trying to process.

Ok my temp is 36.4. Is that normal?

sorry to ask but you mentioned it so I figure it must have some significance smile

• Posted

Hi hun do you find your Chinese doctor helpful ? Is it expensive ? Ive heard only good positive things from people who go. Thanks Lou xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou. I have a few Sessions to go but I promise il let you know smile
    • Posted

98.6 is normal and mine was 98 so I was not running a fever, and was not sick with flu, and this morning I feel fine. So, its definetely peri just coming back to remind me that I will not be having any good days no not one for a long time. I lke what the Chinese doctor said, I wish I could go to a Chinese herbalist. 
  • Posted

I feel for you i am still having the stomach issues with this menopause it seems like IBS gets worse when you are in menopause and it is frusterating to me 
  • Posted

Hi lennie

Yep the chills thing is the menopause, feels a bit like the flu, although your temp is normal, its your inner temp thats gone whacky, so when this happens, drink hot drinks, sounds odd i know, but, your body will then obviously go even hotter, but that then sends signals to the brain to say god shes even hotter, best lower her temp then!! so you should feel better not long after the heat of the drink has died down, just depends on how long the messages take to get in, standing by a hot radiator, fire, bedding, ironing, hot weather etc, will all take your temp up during menopausal flares, so, find ways to keep cool, to stop it causing hot flush etc, some drs say, menopause should not make you feel poorly,  some say it can.

Ive been on menopause now for nearly 10 years, no period for a year, so considered post, most of my symptoms have declined somewhat, still get them, but I promise you when your post after a year of no period, your symptoms will get less and you will start to feel more balanced, can take up to 15 years in some women!!  

Your symptoms will fluctuate depending on how your hormones fluctuate, they normally come around when your period is due, 7 /10 days before it, then go off again just after you have finshed your period,  until it settles down again, what your body actually does in the early days is, produces more and more hormones, to try and stop you from finishing your periods, this is because the body senses this is not what normally happens, she must have a period, so, it compensates to achieve this,  but eventually because of increased shrivelling ovaries, it cant keep compensating, i felt great around this time, but it can have its down sides having too many hormones in your system,  Then you get your period changes.   So, in the early years, you get masses of hormones flying around causing your symptoms of, pmt, depression etc, to increase, i felt like i was going mad during this time,  it really came to a head,  but of course it cant continue, because once your post, its more balanced off, due to other hormones dropping along with it by then, when i get my symptoms now, i know, eventhough i am having no periods, i still get, little twinge of period pain, so i tie it in that way.

Remember symptoms will start, 7/10 before your period, just like PMT, it will be worse and will fluctuate during that time, then feel better when on your period, but then down again immediately after, again fluctuating  until it settles, then wait for next time.

DO NOT drink caffinated drinks, stick to De caff................apple cider vinegar is foul to drink, just stick to plain water especially through the night, if your having night sweats, you will lose water then  and dehydrate, this will in turn affect electrolytes causing leg cramps etc, drinking water will help all this, stick to home remedies, rather than buying lots of herbal, etc recipies, costs less, however  if your getting relief then stick with them,  

• Posted

Elaine, thank you thank you so much for your suggestions. The leg cramps and leg pain I suspect are a result of my varicose veins too. Last summer I went to the E.R in a massive panic with leg pain, I was there for over 4 hours but I did not have a blood clot, the next day I went to my regular dr. she said it was varicose veins and I should get support stockings, lose weight, and walk more.  I was doing a great deal more walking until I fell down the steps and hurt my knee, needless to say, the walking was on a major halt because of the knee injury.  I do a lot of standing and that too may have aggravated my leg. But I see the N.P next Tuesday. I totally agree with you about the chills, I definetely will drink some hot tea tonight, I drank the Apple Cider Vinegar mainly because of my diabetes and I was told it helped with blood sugar, but you are right it is HARD to swallow. WOW. It also helps the chest swelling related to the tendonitis.   I no longer have my period, I had a hysterectomy in 2001 so thats gone, but you are right about the hormonal insanity, its all over the place and yep, I have heard it can go on for years. My mom said she dealt with it for about 8 or 9 years. I have just started dealing with this a year ago so this is what I have to look forward to, great.  Again thank you, the main herbal teas I take are dealing with the a) diabetes, b) prevention and treatment of cysts and inflamation like ginger, tumeric, gymmea, fish oil. I agree with you on coffee. I love it, but its a problem.
    • Posted

Hi Lennie

Great tip on the ginger for inflammation, will defo be trying some of that love ginger, fish oil another good one. oh dear your first year................yuk. some people you know, only on it for 3/5 years, so fingers crossed this is you, my friend went through it very early, aged 33 didnt know anything about it until aged 35 her periods stopped, she then said looking back, thats why i must have been hell to live with, she wondered why she kept storming out of the house to hold back her temper................haha........... best wishes to you............

• Posted

I know how you feel. Im 48 and im peri its horrible.

The feelings you get you have to work out whether its serious or not .

not not easy being a woman.

• Posted

Nope, its not easy at all, I had a really good period even with my diabetes and I just feel like I was hit by a freight train as someone said here a few days ago. I was not expecting all of this, I thought maybe a few heat flashes a little moddiness, but nothing like this, its been an avalanche of symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.