Frustration over HSP Diagnosis and Treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone gone to the extent of suing or almost taken action a medical clinic/hospital/HMO/doctor for mis-diagnosis of HSP or no diagnosis of HSP, 

with prescribing wrong medicines that did no good, or treatment that was not appropriate for the health condition of HSP. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had one singular outbreak in 2012 and the doctor did not diagnose me. I went back to the same practice 4 years later (after spending 4 months going to different doctors looking for a diagnosis) with the same symptoms and without a diagnosis the doctor administered the typhoid/hep a vaccination as I was going travelling. As expected I had a horrible flare up which comepletely set off my condition (prior to this I only had a very mild rash - after the injection I had all the other symptoms with a rash that was so swollen and sore I couldn't move).

Following my diagnosis this doctor was not helpful, gave incorrect advice and did not give me a treatment plan - he just said it will go away on it's own. 

So my current state 1.5 years after the vaccination (managed with prednisone and imuran although I still get the rash and abdo pain) is a direct cause of this doctors malpractice.

I never thought about taking legal action but I just thought I would share my story as I can understand how unhelpful doctors can be.

• Posted

This is a perfect example of how and why HSP disorder progresses to a state that is unmanageable, when is not treated by these doctors timely and results in unncessary pain and trauma. 

This may have progresses to kidney dysfunction (bllod or protein in urine), but fortunately in this case it did not. 

Even the abdominal pain that is flaring could have been treated and stopped in its tracks if treated timely. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.