FS & allignment concerns

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All. Been dealing with a FS for about 9months and it's been confirmed with an MRI.

The scan also found some tears, something with the bursa (didn't catch that part fully when they were going through it all) and the adhesions have apparently pushed the shoulder out of alignment, and this is causing bicep pain as well and constant bruising. Basically it's a mess.

The NHS is not treating it quickly as it's not life threatening, but the pain is unbearable.

I'm at my wits end and I'm prepared to try anything, but I just don't have thousands of pounds to pay for the surgery privately. Anyone with any advice on how to progress treatment???

Thank you in anticipation, and my deepest sympathy to anyone else going through the pain of frozen shoulder. x x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been experiencing symptoms of frozen shoulder since last November, 2016. I happened to be under a physical therapist's care for unrelated hip issue, when the shoulder problem began. Despite all the therapy from the start, there was no stopping the progression. I knew I had reacted very poorly to a steroid injection previously, so I did not want that. I knew also I didn't want surgery, so I have actually never seen a physician about my shoulder or had a scan throughout these many months, but I have kept up with my therapy appointments and with exercises at home. I believe that I am either in the frozen or thawing phase. The excruciating pain is behind me and I have begun to regain some range of motion. I have known my shoulder was out of alignment. It is what has made getting into any comfortable position to sleep nearly impossible- it feels as though a wedge has been shoved under my scapula. I have the biceps pain as well. Things that seemed to have helped me: plenty of rest, castor oil, theracane to self-treat trigger points, very large moist heating pad, massage and water exercise. Still have a long ways to go to fully restore my range of motion, but being able to sleep without fear of waking up to sudden and tremendous pain is a major relief. Dressing, grooming and bathing has become some easier now that I have some return of ROM. I am not taking any improvement for granted, but I still can not believe this whole weird thing descended upon me out of the blue, and I still have a hard time believing that I will ever have a full recovery. Good luck to you Caroline. Stay in touch.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time Melissa to reply. Reassuring to know it's not just me. Physio therapy hasn't helped for me. In fact it's believed it caused a tendon tear as the timing was just wrong in taking on physio. An injection did help a lot for a short period of time but they won't give another due to surgery talk. You are right that the biggest issue is just being able to sleep, and waking up with a jolt because you've moved in the wrong direction, and also not really knowing what caused it. I'm hopeful I will get to the stage of 'thawing' and certainly hope your improvement continues for you as well Hun.

• Posted

Hi Caroline. Hope you found a solution. I know someone who is taking something natural that helped with her inflammation and is now able to walk around pain free. If you can control the inflammation then it would help
  • Posted

Thanks Andrew. I'm prepared to try anything. Taking in Milissa's suggestions with oil etc. Rest certainly helps. Do you know what it is your friend takes?

• Posted

At least you have had an MRI and, as a result, know what's going on. Physio did next to nothing for me and I was refered to a Surgeon and told there was a 6month waiting list to be seen. That was March 2016. I'm still waiting for the first consult. My shoulder is 2-3" lower than the ' good' one.

Every morning it takes me ages just to un freeze (both shoulders!) I can't even reach the cereal bowl out of the cupboard!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.