FS - Hand Spasming - Extreme Arm Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had a severe pain attack last night. The pain in the front of my shoulder has been so extreeme that I was shaking becasuse I was in so much pain. My husband had to help me take a bath to try to calm the severe pain. This morning the pain is slighty less ,but is still bad, but now my hand in my FS arm is moving on its own, my fingers are spasming I guess? My doctor's office isn't open yet. Any one else had similar. I feel really off/body doesn't feel right and I'm scared. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This doesn't sound right - hope you managed to get to see your doctor and he offered some help.  Take care - I do wish someone could come up with the answer to this awful condition.  Let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

Hi maria I been reading all the horror stories an I can relate to. But I am done physical thearph I passed Plato so my next is to have "MUA" done has anybody had that done IF SO PLEASE let me know

• Posted

Poor You - my neck did something similar one night while I was in the middle of the pain trauma. My hubby wanted to call an ambulance.....I refused out of embarrassment but I remember feeling scared too. I hope you have an answer by now. This condition is beyond words as far as I am concerned. I have a lot of movement bck but it is still unable to move over my head - I liken it to feeling like paralysis.............it's quite frightening isn't it? )Especially as it is without cause/diagnosis and cure)
    • Posted

I'm sorry Claire! That's awful. It is embarasing. Well, my doctor has not called back. Starting to feel they have no idea. You would think they may want to run some tests to make sure nothing else is amiss. 

Paralysis..good term! Thank you for your post, I don't feel so out on a raft alone at sea. 

• Posted

I can identify with your symptoms and I feel for you. It seems that there's no end to the different stages of this terrible condition. I'm 7 months in now and I don't know how much more I can take. It's hard to stay positive but we are all supporting each other and keeping each other going. This site is a great comfort to me. I thought I was going crazy before I found it. Keep your heart up. I'm thinking of you. x
  • Posted

Hi Jan! I just had frozen shoulder surgery Feb 26 last week. Right now I am experiencing extreme pain on my front of shoulder down to biceps. I had to take painkillers and put ice in it. Still not getting better. I will see my surgeon tmw for follow up post op. Also take out sutures...can't wait. i can't stand the pain that I am suffering.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie,

Are you kidding? That is awful! You have surgery to help with this disgusting pain and now you are in more pain. I am deeply sorry. I hope they can get that sorted out a little for you.

Are you able to sleep even a little? Sending my very best well wishes to you.

I'm going in for injection under xray tomorrow morning. My doctor isn't hopeful and keeps pushing the surgery. Maybe we should start a mob of all us one-armed-woman to yell at all these doctors! lol

I hope you feel better Debbie!!!!

• Posted

We should start s group called one armed ladies! What u think? On the other hand, I had rotator cuff tear surgery in October 2015. Then few months later, I got Frozen shoulder that I couldn't get my left arm overheated. Now just had FS surgery and got in extreme pain. Not get sleep much...😒
    • Posted

That's tough for you Debbie. It must seem never ending. Stay strong. X
    • Posted

I went see my doctor. She said I have improved with ROM. Yay!
    • Posted

I just went to see my doctor for follow up today. She said I have improved my range of motion. Yay
    • Posted

It was fine yesterday. Last night I got worst nerve pain and it hurts when I touch it. I think when I exercise, it become more painful. 😭

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.