FSH / LH Drop post Menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Short story... I new had regular periods except for the 12 months the doctor put me on the pill to encourage regulation. I was lucky to have a 2 day extremely light period approx 2 to 3 times a year.

I was never able to conceive.

My last period ( when I noticed I hadnt had a period for a while, so it could be up to a year before this ) was August 2008.

In 2013 My FSH was 54 IU/L and my LH was 35 IU/L

Normal post menopausal is Greater than 20 IU/L

On the 6th of may 2017 My FSH is now 6 and my LH is 3

Any idea what would cause this drop?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

lol that new in the first line should be Never
  • Posted

my hormone levels were very high and the Doctor told me i would not have another period but i went 8 months without a period and then i had another period so was told on this site that i would have to start counting my 12 months free of periods again. nightmare.
  • Posted

Deb, lots of open questions in your post.  How old are you?  Are you still on the pill?  

I'm guessing here that you're an older woman, past menopause age?  With the things you provided, it appears that you were monopausal in 2013 (FSH/LH labs) 

Now, a drop in FSH and LH can be related to taking hormones.  Are you on anything?  If not, I did read in one reference, that this doctor had seen some situations where the FSH/LH just simply burnt out over time and the menopausal women didn't show elevated readings past menopause.  You might be in that catagory.  

• Posted

Oooooo thats interesting smile

I am 53. Have not been on the pill for 23 years ( was only on it for the one year). Not on any hormone replacements. Was wondering if my doctor was going to suggest it with low levels like that.

I didnt even really " GO THRU " menopause as such. I am very lucky. No hot flushes, no mood swings, pretty much nothing other than one day I realised I hadnt had a period for ages. Even with these low levels I have not had a period. Im pretty sure my hormones have been weird all my life, so not really surprised. Was just interested on why it would suddenly change. Maybe it did just burn out smile.

Thanks for responding smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.