Fudgeybear

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,I ve been on 7.5 mg mirtizapine for 3 months,I wanted to come off them as I was putting weight on so quickly I put six pounds on within weeks!! I ve been slowly cutting the dose down,and 9 days ago I stopped altogether,first couple of days I felt fine,then it all hit me,my head often feels tight,like I have a hat on that's to tight,I wake up shaking,I feel confused,pains in my stomach,very nauseous ,i m hot then I m cold and my cheks are very flushed at times,and my brain feels all muddled.i do take diazapam now and again,and I started to take some rescue remedy.i would love to hear from anyone with any advice,I ve tried so many depression tablets that have upset me but nothing like this one,I wouldn't t care I m not depressed,I have a problem with my inner ear and it causes me to be anxious,i hope you are all well now.😀x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya iv been on mirtazapine for 10 years and my new docter as took me of them  over a week and i took my last one last night and now miss two days and start my new ones citalepram i also had the same feelings has you and think its the tablets the two days iv been ov them i have felt a little better and have had a fractuerd scull and iner ear problems go see your docter hun and see what they say good look liz 
  • Posted

Hi I was on Mirtazapine for 4yrs i was given it for IBS 45mg,over about the last 3mth I've started to slowly come off them,at the moment I'm down to15mg,but I can honestly say it's been rough My main problem has been the pain in my stomach gets worse every time I drop down and it's continues untill I get to sleep.Like you I take Diazapam which helps.My other problems with coming off them has been anxiety,really bad temper ,brain zaps but mainly my tum.I think it's one of the worst tablets I've ever come off.If you read a lot of the posts on this site you will see lots of people have bad experiences with this drug.If your suffering badly I would go back and see your GP.Hope this has been some help.Sorry to go on so much.
  • Posted

I iam a long term suffer of depression for over 12yrs whe I was on various types of medication they only made drowsy and dry in the mouth so I stopped it all,but now I have gone back to the Doctors they are going to change my mind / subconscious that is causing all my problems, but also back on the Mirtazapine ? I just hope that they find the cause and put a stop to it all.

All the best Alexander.

• Posted

Thanks to all for replying it has made feel like I m not alone,Im sorry to hear that each one of you is fighting their own battle.i will speak to my doctor but I am not going back on mirtizapine I would prefer to stick with the diazapam now and again,someone told me about Aloe Vera gel that you drink it's supposed to help relax you so I might give it a try.after six years of battling with many health problems I think its time to be kind to my body and treat to some vitamins and healthy diet.i hope you all overcome your problems .take care x
  • Posted

Just checking in to see how you are feeling. Were you able to go down on the meds without to much more trouble?

i do hope you are off them and feeling much better

good health!

• Posted

Hi,Rose its so kind of you to ask how I am.its 20days since I last took mirtizapine,it's been awful and I did take 2mg of diazapam for 3 days last week as the anxiety was really bad,I still feel sick but I m eating more,I m really lucky as I take anti sickness tablets because of inner ear problem.i m sleeping loads better,and I ve started drinking the aloe Vera gel,I m still quite anxious that was reason I was on mirt,on whole I m feeling more like myself and more positive.How are you? I hope you re well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.