Full hysterectomy 8 months ago aged 48

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since op 8 months ago I've been on hrt since leaving hospital. I had to see gp cause suffering sweats etc. She put me on Evorel 50 patches. I'm getting on fine on this product, most symptoms have vanished. One thing I've noticed in months since op seems very strange to me and I was wondering if anyone else has notice a change like I'm experiencing!! I was always a big coffee drinker but can't bear the drink now, I only drink tea now (couldn't bear it before) . I can now eat a hotter curry than my husband, never could before. I enjoy a yoghurt, milk products etc couldn't face them in the past! Seems trivial reading some of the posts on here but was curious to see if anyone else had noticed things like this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sue. Following my hysterectomy I couldn't drink coffee and still don't like it 25 years later although I will have the occasion latte. I now drink tea only. As for spicy/hotter food I went off them and can't abide chilli. It can't just be us two, I'm sure there must be some research somewhere that can explain it. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! So very pleased I'm not the only one out there who has experienced these changes - started to think I was unique!!! It would be interesting to see if there is anyone else who has noticed changes like these or if there is any research into it. This is not one of the side effects my liason nurse discussed with hubby and me!!
    • Posted

I put it down to the anaesthetic at first and thought it would pass but apart from drinking the occasional latte nothing has changed. Yes I'll be interested to see if any other ladies have had the same reaction. Like you I thought I was the only one.
  • Posted

I am only nearly 4 weeks post op for TAH, but since the op, I have really gone off sweet things. Which is not a bad thing. lol. My appetite has not returned to pre-op state, but for that i am also not worried, as I was eating all sorts of crap - never got out of my Winter Feasting mode. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.