Full hysterectomy at 35

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I'm getting a total hysterectomy in 2 weeks and was wonder if any of you could shed any light on what's in store for me?! I recently got one ovary removed and while I was recovering was told I had ovarian cancer in the ovary that was removed and there is a chance it may have spread to surrounding areas and as to why I'm in need of the hysterectomy.  I'm clueless to HRT but know I'll be on it pretty much straight away, terrified of the though of menopause at age 35 and weight gain is playing heavy on my mind ( I get married in 4 months and want the dress to fit lol) I'm overweight at the minute size 14/16 but afraid I'm going to balloon or take hot flushes walking up the aisle! Anyone else out there in the same boat or that has been recently would love to hear from you ??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire

I'm 47 and my total hysterectomy was 6 weeks ago today.  I had already just started on the menopause so was having hot flushes occasionally.  Since the operation they have become more severe, I am not due to go back to my gynecologist until the 29th May so I guess she will discuss options then.  I have tried quite a few natural products but all seem to work for a while then don't seem to.

Regarding weight I have lost exactly a stone, which I needed to so hoping I can keep it up for another.

Just remember to rest all the time afterwards, it was about 4 weeks before I started feeling like doing anything, so if you don't want to do anything don't, if you need to sleep, sleep.

Hope I've been of some help, and good luck.

Sarah

xx

• Posted

Hi Claire. I'm 42 and had a total hysterectomy and both ovaries removed 17 days ago. I have done none HRT and have no menopause symptoms. I have actually lost weight since surgery and at a little over 2 weeks post op, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm only taking the ibuprofen my doc prescribed and am still dealing with swelling. I am sore, but not in tremendous pain at this point. I would highly recommend getting a belly binder for support and walking as much as you can when you're up to it. Good luck!

• Posted

Did you choose not to do hrt for your own reasons or was it advised by doctors? I really don't know too much about it- have just been told I'll be starting almost immediately when I was with my doctor 

• Posted

My doctor said she would prescribe them if I needed them, so far so good. I know my sister came home from the hospital with a hormone patch immediately after surgery so... Not sure why my doctor doesn't do that. I've done well though and have actually lost weight despite the swelling. The belly binder is basically a supportive wrap that helps hold everything in place. I especially like it when I know I'm going to be up and walking a lot.

• Posted

Hi. Tommorrow will be 3 weeks post-op for me. TAH. the main thing i am surprized about is how tired i still am. You really do have to take it easy and rest. I have not wanted any junk/fast food so i hope that continues. Even though i was a
    • Posted

Whoops. Anyway i was already in menopause for 2 yrs. And havent gained weight. So dont be too worried.
  • Posted

Thanks ladies just a bit worried about things! No stranger to surgeries over the years have had 4 on the ovaries since 16yrs old so kinda know what to expect pain wise?! It's the weight/hormonal side of things I guess I'm worried about! What's the belly thing?? Is it like a support band? 

• Posted

Before you do this radical surgery at such a young age, get online and research alternative ways of curing cancer and the truth about about cancer. Seek out information about those who have cured themselves of cancer. Ultimately you must make your own decision about your treatment. Educate yourself in order to truly make an informed decision. Do not,  under any circumstances, allow doctors or the medical system to frighten you into any procedure especially this one. Immediately put yourself on a plant based diet for weight loss & to correct inflammatory processes in the body. I know it works. Keep your body organs. Our Creator knows much more than those of us in the conventional medical field.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.