Full knee replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I had a knee replacement 9 months ago due to arthritis all was well with my recovery until about two months ago when I started to get a slight clicking in my knee.

Over the last two months the clicking is getting worse and more powerful with every step just wondering has anyone else experienced this ?

would appreciate any advice

regards

Tom

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had knee replacements and have not experienced any clicking. Every one will experience differences to others after surgery. If you are not due to see the consultant for a check up soon then i would go to your Gp who will be able to decide if you need an earlier appointment with the consultant if they have any concerns. The Gp may send you for an Xray. It maybe nothing to worry about, but in my opinion make an appointment to see a Gp at least. If you feel its more urgent ring your consultant and speak to him or her. Does the joint feel loose, or have you fallen or tripped? I hope it's nothing to worry about but best to have peace of mind, from a professional. Good luck.

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.