Full of despair tonight

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Im full of despair and disappointment in myself tonight :'( Ive basically ate a load of stuff I shouldnt have for 2days :'( It was my daughter's birthday and Ive had a burger, fries, cheese and cake etc for the past 2days. I feel absolutely horrified with myself :-( I dont want to get back into bad habits, and need to get motivated+back on the wagon. Iv been doing well on the meds so far, ive lost a total of 17lbs in 9wks. I dont want to throw it all away now.

Any motivation/words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Please help :-(

Pinkypie x x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

draw a line under it, start again, 2 days off isn't going to undo everything.

we need to be realistic here, birthdays will come up you're not going to swear off everything forever so on these rare occasions have something nice, then it wont feel like such a deprivation when you're behaving.

i have been on these almost a yr now and i find it so hard at times, i have felt like i have nothing 'nice' so i give myself 1 meal off a week (my doctor is ok with this as she thinks its an eating habit i can continue after i am done on the blues) if its a birthday or i'm going out etc then thats when i use that meal if i have a week with no going out etc i will just have it and its not like theres a need to go overboard and eat every naughty thing i can lay my mits on!

• Posted

I agree with Sparkles, its done and over with, all you can do now is pick up and use this as your motivation to work a little harder these next two weeks. You have done fantastic so far and we are all human and will have times like these. We cannot avoid the birthdays etc etc, they will come and go, we just need to prepare ourselves before hand to try stick to it and not go completely off the wagon and if we do, then so be it! We the only ones that can make the difference to ourselves by using the motivation and inspiration that got us here in the first place. We all made a decision to start losing weight and give ourselves a better lifestyle and to me that is the hardest choice to make coz you know you have to stick with it or you will disappoint yourself as you feel you have this weekend.

Honestly, two days is not bad! At least you have not given up and you want advice on how to make it all better. Just up the exercise, drink lots of water and stick to the rules of the bluey's.

Did you have any side effects or did you just skip the pills?

It is my birthday this week, on Wednesday, and I have only been on Orlistate for 3 weeks now so I have planned what I am doing and eating as I dont want to fall off the wagon too early on. Going to try my best to stick to it as best I can but as I know, it is tough and I am willing to suffer the consequences after if needed.

Well done on coming to the forum... I think its the best thing to do.

Keep in touch on your eek and how you getting on. Inspire us all :D

• Posted

Pinky - as everyone has said don't beat yourself up over this, the diet isn't meant as a punishment it's meant to aid you in your desire to lose weight and hopefully teach you some better eating habits.

You obviously have learnt that you can't be eating fatty things like that as often as you may have done in the past but you recognised that.

June/July are months full of anniversaries for me, my son's b/day was last week and I licked the bowl as well as having a small amount of cake and a Domino's pizza, but as Sparkles pointed out to me their are low fat option on pizza's so just went for that. My birthday is coming up near the beginning of July followed by my daughters's a week later and then just over a week after that I'm off to an all exclusive holiday so no getting away from celebrations and the possibility of having so higher fat foods. I'm just going to see if I can get low fat options or if not just have a smaller portion than I would previously of had.

So my main point of this post is that this diet is not a punishment it's an aid so dust yourself off and start anew with the fact that you can have the odd day off but when you do try and be sensible about.

• Posted

Hi There.

I think its so hard when we are trying to diet and \"normal\" life is going on around you. Holiday's, Birthdays, wedding's etc. I always try and focus on the fact that I know that if I have eaten things at these occasions that i know are bad, I am at least recognising they are bad and not going on for weeks and weeks eating like that.

Obviously you are feeling guilty about what you have had but thats only going to be a bad feeling if you dwell on it. You have enjoyed your last 2 days but that isn't going to undo all the fantastic work you have done so far.

After only 2 days you know that the food you have had isn't what you want to be living on.....chin up.....and focus your attention on being extra specially good over the coming weeks. You know you can lose the weight as you have been already!x

• Posted

Not much more to add that people have already said but as i've just come back from holiday I know the feeling. For me it was so good to come back home yesterday and start again. Don't give up. it's a slip up that you've recognised so just on with the next day. x
  • Posted

Hi Pinkypie

You have done really well up to now. Don't beat yourself up for 'falling of the wagon' for two days after all we are all human. You haven't giving in otherwise you wouldn't be talking about it, just get back on and be extra good and you will continue to lose weight. You know you can do it. We all want to lose weight and eat healthier, the fact that you are beating yourself up shows that you recognise that isn't how you want to eat regularly. Think of all the weight you have lost, you have taken so many steps to a better lifestyle, a few tiny steps backwards will not make any difference in the long run. Now we've all given you an almighty pull back onto the wagon, let's continue on our journey smile

• Posted

Hi everyone,

first of all, thank you all so so much for your kind words and encouragement. I felt so awful last night sad

I did feel better after reading your replies though, and Ive had a much better day today, back on track smile

I saw my G.P today and had some encouraging words from her also.

I do think we are all on a long tough road, but with encouragement from each other, we can keep plodding on and get to where we all want to be :D

Big huge thanks to all of you for your encouragement, motivation, advice, and kindness. :D It's very much appreciated

Pinkypie x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.