Full of energy/hyper?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is the second day I've been on Fluoxetine and I since yesterday evening I've been full of energy and kind of hyper.

Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I can honestly say nope, I felt quite the opposite infact and this is my 10th week on them. Even though I'm more alert as the weeks go on, I still cannot shake off this feeling of tiredness and slight lethargy.

I'm not a doctor of course but perhaps read the leaflet details or have a quick chat to your GP or pharmacist. Only saying this as the general feeling of these pills with almost everyone on this site, seems to be tiredness, emotional and jittery.

If these are working for you in an opposite manner but still working as they should, good for you and I'm so jealous! :twisted:

Take care. Ang.

• Posted

Hey Ang (you should register!) smile

I'm keeping a blog at the minute to track how I am on the fluoxetine (I can pm you or anyone the address), be interesting to see how it develops.

• Posted

Hi there, I am registered it's just that I'm too lazy to do it each time as I check this site perioically through the day :roll: !!

But great idea about keeping a log of it, at least you can see the developments rather than having to remember all of it.

If I kept a blog, I think weeks 1-3 would have read \"Feel sh*t and tired today\" every day!! Nah, it's not too bad now looking back at it, just like must of folk on here, wish I wasn't on these to have to feel better ARRGHHH but the day will come and I'll not need em!

Take care

Ang.

• Posted

PM'd you earlier (found the username Ang, hope it's you!) smile

Feel a bit lethargic tonight, watching The Office (US) and eating way more than usual.

• Posted

I am on my 4th time on Fluoxetine.

It causes me to feel hyper, raises my metabilism and generally gives me get up and go. I feel this almost from the moment I take them. The mood stabilising takes 3 weeks or so.

I would enjoy it, a great way to loose weight and feel better lol

Dave

• Posted

Hi I'm Ang

When you login and click the log me in automatically box and just close your browser and NOT logout. Next time you open your browser and go to the experience site ie bookmark \"What Did I Miss\", it will take you straight in - saves time and hassle.

Lin

Patient Admin

• Posted

Just had a burst of energy this morning and vacuumed the office :!:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.