Fully convinced I have cervical cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am terrified! I have every single symptom of cervical cancer and I'm thinking that's it I have it! I have the lower back pain, everything else the only thing I don't have is the unusual spotting or bleeding in between periods but I always have random pains and cramps in my stomach, I'm so scared and anytime I say it to my mam she just says you've had blood tests your fine! But that was back in august! Is it possible for a 17 year old to get cervical cancer??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If your worried hun, go for a smear. But if you have had blood tests come back negative then i wouldnt worry. You have to trust the results or i mean whats the point?.....

But if you are worried you could book in with a nurse for a smear to be sure. Do you siffer with anxiety? If so, you could well be suffering the physical effects of this. It can play games with your mind and body and give you aches and pains you have never had before. 

xxx

• Posted

Yeah I suffer with health anxiety and general anxiety, yeah I get you if it's not cervical cancer it's a brain tumour or aids or something else it's mind boggling! Yeah I had a chat with my mam she said she doesn't seem concerned at all but shel book me a smear just to ease my mind, although I did get a cervical cancer vaccine just a few years ago so I think I'm covered till I'm 25 I'm not sure xx
    • Posted

Has your GP referred you for CBT, that can really help Anxiety, and fighting off some symptom which sometimes can remove others.

** Blushing ** Sorry I can't advice on Cervical Cancer but Rachel I think has covered off that you are likely not to have an issue.

Have faith in the results !!!

• Posted

Remember stomach cramps and back pain are one of the main symptoms of stress, my back and stomach ache constantly and sometimes feel like awful, non-stop period pain symptoms. You're caught up in the constant spiral of random symptom > creates anxiety > get more symptoms from the anxiety > causes more anxiety and so on. It's NOT what you think! So stop thinking smile
    • Posted

Omg I didn't think stress caused back pain and period pain! Thanks so much Katy means a lot😊x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.