Functional Dyspepsia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone heard of this or have this?

What are your symptoms?

Was told the doctors in hospital said I have this as couldn't find anything. I have severe to mild nausea and loose bowel movements when feeling sick, going 5/6 times a day. Even normal days when I feel fine I still have loose stools. Some days i feel fine, others the nausea hits me out the blue followed by bowels playing up!

Thanks in advance...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ibs? See if you can get stemitak take one when nausea hits

Its not normal see another doctor x

• Posted

Hi,

I thought myself maybe it's IBS, however I have no cramps, bloating etc and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, it happens. I've tried FODMAP diets, cutting out loads of food groups, not eating certain additives, sticking to plain, bland food and makes no difference. I did ask the doctor last year for medication for IBS in case it was but nothing they prescribed helped me unfortunately.

I'll ask my doctor about those tablets next time. I was there yesterday and found it useless as was just flung more tablets. No one seems to want to get to the bottom of the cause. Thank you for your reply and help with the other tablets!

• Posted

I found out that I have it also. I was told to eat soft food, chew alot and continue eating small meals. Keep on taking your medicine. I looked up online, it's hard to follow everybody's advise. My brother said do an aloe vera drink from Pinterest, which I will do.. Hopefully this will work. Try it on your own risk.

• Posted

Hi, sorry you are in the same situation as me. It's horrible and struggle to do things when it comes over you!

I just wish they would investigate further in case there is something wrong elsewhere than the stomach. I'll look into the Aloe Vera. I had actually recently bought an Aloe Vera & grape juice drink (still to have it) but anything is worth a try if it helps!!

I know a lot of health stores sell Aloe Vera tablets or bottles like medicine which you take one or two spoons of a day. Good luck too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.