Functional Dyspepsia… How do you know?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Exactly a year and a month ago I started having a burning sensation in my upper right stomach. i had just given birth four months prior and was going through extreme postpartum depression. I was eating terrible and having drinks to attempt to cope with my mood swings. My Four month old was diagnosed with hydrocephalous (water in the brain) and we just began doing sedated MRI's to see if we needed to do brain surgery for a stunt or an etv. My stress and anxiety was through the roof.... I reached out to my doctor regarding the pain and she ran blood tests on me and nothing came back. She had decided that I may have an ulcer due to stress, so I was immediately prescribed omeprazole to take twice a day daily for a few weeks. the weeks turned into 5 months and the pain only got worse. eventually they preformed an ultrasound and nothing came back.... we did a CT scan and still nothing. Eventually i had an upper endoscopy and that came back normal as well.. My GI diagnosed me with "Functional Dyspesia" only through the process of elimination. My pain is now random through the right (mainly) middle and left of my upper abdomen. Ive had it every single day, all day sporadically ever since it began. Ive made major diet changes but i have never got it to go away... this includes excluding coffee, alcohol, citrus, spicy, basically anything acidic at all. I was then prescribed amitriptyline as an antidepressant and nerve medication. I was very hopeful but this only made me extremely foggy and tired, it also started causing severe mood swings and depression. I wake up everyday full of hope that I can heal myself but towards the end of the day the pains bother me so much it becomes mentally debilitating and I cant control my mind and constantly think I'm dying.. liver failure, pancreatitis, kidney failure... where the burning decides to move... Its been very difficult for me to fight for mental peace... I'm going in for another ultrasound of my liver in Two days just to make sure that everything is okay. I'm currently taking 5 mile walks daily to try to keep myself busy and moving so i don't dwell but it feels inevitable. I've also picked up reading (the four agreements) in wisdom to try and control my thoughts but everything is always easier said than done. Does anyone else feel like this? Is there anything else that may help? If what I have is "functional dyspesia" its ruining my quality of life.. I cant keep having breakdowns in front of my children. I need to fix this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.