Functional dyspepsia or pancreas cancer worries

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Since now 6 months i have burning stomach also back pain in the middle shoulder blade and also pain on left side ribs.

I had ct scan and blood test 6 months ago and they found nothing plus endoscopy nothing in the stomach.

Im so scared of pancreatic cancer but my gi say no its not possible to have a good ct scan 6 month before and now a bad one with the same symptom.

I asked for another ct but doc do not want cause to much radiation for nothing.

I also thinking of functional dyspepsia but for some of you with that do you have everyday pain and pretty much all the time?and do you have the same pain?

I really need your help im totally lost and in pain.

Chris

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry you are going through this . there are so many Gastrointestinal conditions people have that are not serious. many of the same symptoms are common with all of these conditions. I highly doubt it has anything to do with your pancreas because if it was serious you would be in a lot worse shape by now. The CT scan would have picked something up. The doctor is right the second CT scan would be a lot of radiation needlessly.

did they check out the gallbladder? I had similar symptoms and I had to have it removed.

be persistent with the doctor or find another doctor that will figure out what’s going on. it could be something very simple. Don’t think the worst case scenario because that’s very unlikely. ❤

• Posted

hi Chris...I suffer with burning pain in my stomach and rib pain. I have acid reflux. Could you have that? Do you notice the symptoms after eating certain foods? I don't have the burning every day, but I do get it after eating. I also have anxiety which makes it ten times worse. You are not alone.

• Posted

I've started having pain in my left side under my ribs have you been reffered for a ultrasound scan on all your organs forgot the name of it doctors reffered me for a 2nd one last one showed gallstones

• Posted

Have you had an ultrasound and HIDA scan to check your gallbladder since you have shoulder blade pain? What conditions has your doctor suggested? Your doctor is right about not having another CT scan because CTs are highly accurate and are unlikely to miss things. Two CTs in a short space of time is a lot of radiation. Negative scans should reassure you, so try to accept the result. If your doctor was really concerned, he would have said so and would not be reassuring you in the way he has done.

If you are not getting significantly worse and have no new symptoms, this is good news for you. .My brother, who is a surgeon told me when I was panicking about my abdominal pain and having trouble believing my doctors, that nasty conditions show up fairly early on in scans. I had the same fears as you, but my doctor reassured me that my fears were groundless given my lack of serious symptoms, my age and my negative scans and tests. I accepted these explanations.

Try a food diary to see if any food could be causing your stomach burning and pain. Do you have any bowel habit change? See a different doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.