Functioning Alcoholic

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey I am a functioning alcoholic I literally crave it when I get off from work it has gotten so bad even the people down at the grocery store know what I am getting. They all say you are getting the usual today. Then another thing if I don't drink at all it is hard for me to sleep at night I will toss and turn all night long but if I drink I sleep soundly how do I change this to rewire my brain any help is necessary. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jesse You have arrived at the right place for help and support .There is a way you can rewire your brain and it's called the Sinclair Method. Google 'One Little Pill and take a look at C3 Foundation website for more details .

You obviously seem very aware that there is a dependency developing so now get it within your grasp and take some action. Take a look at those pages and come back here as there are a lot of us who have successfully reduced or stopped our drinking with this method. Lots of support waiting 😊

• Posted

You have definitely come to the right place for support and advice. All the questions before me will greatly help us advise you. Most of us have gone through the same thing. Personally I have detoxed and cut back many times at home with medication, without and once in the hospital. A little more information might help like what you drink, exactly how much and when. We are here for you.
  • Posted

From personal experience, the sleepless nights only last a week or so when you stop drinking.

You just need to accept it will take a while to get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.