Fundal Fibroid

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anybody know if a large fibroid on the fundus can be removed by hysteroscopy or would it need to be by laparoscopy?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen, I'm not sure what you mean by 'fundus' - do you mean the 'uterus' i.e. the womb?    There are 3 types of fibroids (Intramural, subserosal and submucosal) due to where they are positioned within or on the uterus. Submucosal ones within the womb are the only ones I believe that can be removed by hysteroscopy. They would also need to be under a certain size.  You say large so unless it sounds like it may not be possible.      It would depend which type of fibroid. If it is on the outside ( subserosal) or within the walls (intramural) then these cannot be removed by hysteroscopy as far as I am aware. Only submucosal ones within the inside of the womb under a certain size.    I hope that helps.  S

• Posted

The fundus  the top part of the uterus so I’m guessing it would need to be by laparoscopy.  Thank you for the info.
  • Posted

DON'T OPERATE!I'm telling you. I wish I had listened when I was told. Go online and find herb sistah. Go to her site and order womb detox. It saved my life.

• Posted

Well depending where it's at you might have to get an open myomectomy. I was told if they couldn't reach one that was at the back or whatever that they would have to do the open myomectomy😒 which they did. I was hoping to get laparoscopic myomectomy . I had Intramural, subserosal and submucosal they were every where😨. Goodluck🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.