Fundoplication

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've just went through Fundiplication surgery on 1st August 2017. I suffered from acid reflux for the past 10 years. I am not feeling dysphagia symptoms so this morning (10 days after syrgery) I took a scambled egg (it had a lot of milk so it was quite on the liquid side. Maybe I added too much butter). However I managed to eat half of it cause I started to feel heartburn but without acid reflux. I am wondering weather I should still pay attention about what to eat. I thought that after surgery I would be able to eat everything. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire best of luck but please be patient in regards to eating after your surgery. It hasn't been too long yet for you. 😊 My Dr told me to drink liquids for at least a couple of weeks.  However you could probably eat yougurt and foods that slides down much easier.  Did you have anyone at the hospital go over with you what you should try and eat and what you should hold off on for awhile.  It had been a year since I had my NF wrap so please just be patient with yourself.  I'm doing much better after my 180 wrap. However the Dr has said mine has slipped some so may have to go back in for surgery. I hope not but may have to. I'll be having another endoscopy on the 18th of this month. 

Please take care Claire and I hope you continue to feel better each day. Lorray 💕

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Today I ate a boiled egg and jelly and suffered from heart burn. My surgeon told me to stay on liquid diet but I feel hungry. I am going to follow your advice and be patient. I hope that you will not be needing another surgery. Good luck for your endoscopy.
    • Posted

Hi Claire thank you for your message. Yes I totally understood about being hungry and it is hard to be patient at times.  You will just have to see what you can eat and start with soft foods like mashed potatoes and gravy, oatmeal, yogurt and foods like that. I wish you all the best and stay in touch and let me know how you are doing.  Take care of yourself, Lorray 💕

• Posted

Hi Lorray. Today I ate mashed potato and chicken puree. It' fine. Then I put some drops of orange blossom water on my tongue and swollow it. It helps to heal heart burn.

• Posted

Hi Claire I'm glad you were able to eat that. Are you having very much heartburn? I pray that each day gets better for you. 

I head to Seattle Thursday for another endoscopy Friday at 8:00. I think this is #6. I will stay with family Thursday night. I'm anxious to find out if they need to fix my wrap as my last endoscopy a few months ago showed it was slipping. 

Take care of yourself and let me know how your doing when you have the time. 💕 Lorray 

• Posted

I have problem with certain food (eg eggs). It is not easily digestable and remains on the stomach for a couple of hours. I will speak to my Dr about that. Even about heart burn. Hope that your endoscopy goes on well and you receive good results.
    • Posted

Hi Lorray! How did your endoscopy go? Hope that you are feeling better. I'm recovering slowly but things are improving. Today I discovered that we should carry anti-nausea drugs because we can't vomit. I will speak to my surgeon about that.

• Posted

Hi Claire thanks for your message. It's always nice to hear from you.  I first want to start off by asking how you're doing.  Yes please be patient in regards to eating solids as it does take awhile.  I wasn't always so patient. 

Well my endoscopy showed 7  ulcers.  My esophagus is healing well and the hiatel hernia is still good along with the wrap being in place but unfortunately I have 7  ulcers. I  am stil producing too much acid in my stomach which is causing the ulcers.  My Dr told me yesterday that I more then likely will be on  PPIs for the rest of my life.  I hope and pray that isn't the case but it may be. I need to work better on keeping coffee and sweets out the trigger foods that are not good for me.  Also excerise more. 

I hope you feel better each day. Thanks for keeping in touch and letting me know how you are. Take care of yourself. Lorray 💕

• Posted

Hi dear Lorray. Even for me it's nice to hear from you. My surname is Bezzina. Pls do search me on facebook (I am a flute player) cause I need to sent you a link of what is saving my life - CBD oil. It heals acid reflux and even my nausea gets better after I take it. It makes miracles! Speak to your doctor about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.