fundoplication query 3 months on from surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

i had fundoplication surgery back in mid Nov, I had quite a bit of discomfort afterwards in terms of bloating and difficulty swallowing and basically feeling poorly, anyway time has gone by and most issues resolved themselves, still have some wind issues and my stomach often feels just a bit off but have never had any reflux etc since surgery.. anyway my query is this, in the last few days Ive had a bit of an ache in my chest, its always been a bit tender since the surgery but the other day I felt it when going to bathroom and i was pushing a bit hard and felt my chest, then last night when i went to bed I got quite a severe pain right in the middle of my chest, similar to the immediate days after surgery but stronger. it lasted quite a while and felt a bit hard to swallow, anyway today im ok but my chest feels a bit weird for want of better description..im worried that perhaps my wrap has come apart a bit or moved?? anyone ever experience something like this months after their surgery? should i be worried, still not experiencing any reflux I should add

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vanderbadger,

I'm glad that it seems the surgery was successful. If the pain has gone, it seems unlikely to me that anything has shifted. Then again, I'm not a doctor. I would suggest telephoning your consultant's secretary and leaving a message for them with your query. If they have any concerns they will let you know.

I think it's worth playing safe, particularly as this could be something specific and not just a general feeling that anyone might have.

All the best

Keith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.