Fundoplication redo surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone my name is Leslie I am 59 years old and I live near Albany New York and in August of 2016 I had the fundoplication Nissen warp for gerds and everything was going great I was of my I was able to eat and drink anything I want to then little by little my symptoms slowly return since the 

operation I can not burp and when I have to break wind it's from my backside which is very unpleasant so in April of this year I made an oppointment with a another doctor who dose fundoplication surgery and by the time April came around I was losing weight again not a lot but  a lsome weight i do not mind losing some weight but this is not the way to do it and since the surgery I   Can not vomit either so my new doctor sent me for tests and told me that the doctor who did the fundoplication warp way way to tight by the time I went to my new doctor I was feeling sick most of the time I am having real bad stomach pains all the time now but really bad after I eat and I get very very bloated after I eat I feel like I am going to burst wide open so on October 11 2017 my new doctor is going to do a redo fundoplication surgery on me so I would like to know if any of you ever had to have a fundoplication redo surgery how did your surgery went and how are you doing now after the surgery is now over because I am not having a second redo fundoplication surgery I can tell you that but I getting along with my new doctor very well and I trust him that this will be the last redo fundoplication he has to on me for a very very long time I hope so take care everyone and I would like to hear from who had to have a redo fundoplication surgery Thanks Leslie

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have never had this surgery. But am xurious, what do they do with this surgery? If you don't mind..

I feel so sorry you are having so many problems. Makes my acid reflux seem so small. I lift you up in prayer...

• Posted

Hi terrie this is Leslie thanks for getting back to me and keeping me in your thoughts and prayers I have very good faith in my new doctor that he will put an end to my problem once and for all I just wish I didn't have to have redo fundoplication surgery that's all and I hope that your doctor helps you with your acid reflux as I will keep you posted on how my surgery went and how I am doing after my surgery as well and you let me know how your acid reflux is  doing as well if you don't mind so with that take care and god bless very truly yours Leslie

• Posted

Yes, PLEASE Leslie keep us updated with your results..Praying this fixes all yr problems..God Bless and keep you..
    • Posted

Hi Terrie this Leslie thanks ever so much in getting to me so quickly that was very nice of you and I hope I can call you my friend and may I also ask are you from the USA if so what state may I ask what state are you from? I live in New York about 45 minutes from Albany in East Berne New York it's in the Heldebrug mountains it's nice and quiet here I live by a lake and I here about 2months ago from a apartment which I was living in for almost 2 years now after I sold my old house I like living my new house it small and cozy I have a nice view of lakethe and my older borther lives just across the lane and he been helping me a lot which I can't thank him enough for and it also very very quiet where I live as well which I think is great. My new doctor he name is Walter Scott since I been going to I feel I can really open up to him and I never felt like that with any of the doctors I have seen in the past I am having my surgery on 10-11-2017 at Albany Medical Center it's a very large hospital you guess it in Albany New York what he told he going to do take the old fundoplication warp make anew kind of warp put a mesh in repair my new hernia I have for being warp so  thight I going to have a feeding tube place in me for days after surgery but he said it will come out before I go home my doctor said I might be in the hospital for up to one week but I have all the faith in the world in him that this is last redo fundoplication surgery that he will perform on me. So with Terrie I will keep you posted on how my surgery went and how I am doing after my surgery is over it is very nice that i can talk to you about this so take care and God Bless and we be talking to each other soon very truly yours Leslie 

• Posted

Yes Leslie, I too live in the USA..I live in Ohio. A great state to live in. Your place on the lake sounds amazing. I live in a small town

Quaint and peaceful, but no lake.wink

I am hoping to semi retire very soon. Hoping the elimination of job stress alleviates alot of my stresses.

I said a prayer for you that all goes well with this next surgery and that you get thru it all in a breeze..wink

Take care and yes, keep us updated..

• Posted

Hi Terrie and how was your Sunday did you do anything fun today and how was the weather there today here it was nice and sunny and about 83 degrees out so I want down to the dock and did a little fishing  my 12 year old fixed tom cat named Tigger came along to he is a dark gray tabby and he thinks he is still a kitten but he is great company and he loves being down by the sometimes he comes in the boat with me I don't mind that so much but he can be a little bossy out there . Do you have any pets? My grandmother on my father side she passed away in 1979 lived near youngstown Ohio I been to Ohio once to the farmhouse that my grandmother once lived in and I was 21 at the time but it's a nice state just the same. Today wasn't a very good day I did not feel like eating anything today but I forced myself to eat something so it was yorgurt and ensures for breakfast and lunch and I think I have little bake chicken and brown rice and see how that goes I hate days like this when I eat anything I get very bloated afterward I feel like I am going to burst wide open. I wish I was having my surgery tomorrow but October the11 is not that far off and I can wait untill I have to go on that liquid diet the doctor puts you on after surgery then it will be soft mild foods and slowly back to regular food again I just hope my doctor doesn't have to put that feeding tube in me but like he told me in his office last week it will be only a few days and he will take out before I leave the hospital to go home like he said I be in the hospital for about one week I be glad when this is all over and I am back being my old self again. And my this be the last fundoplication redo surgery I will every half to have. I was so glad to have met you Terrie someone I can talk to and has the same kind of problem like I have and let me ask you how are you feeling and how are you manning your acid reflux dose your doctor have you on anything? I think it would be nice to meet in person after my surgery is all over and I am back being my old self once again what do you think of that. Well thanks for your prayers and yes I will keep you updated before and after my surgery and anything else along those lines so take care of yourself untill we talk again and God Bless you very truly yours Leslie.🐈🐾

• Posted

What a sweet text Leslie. I had a really good weekend. Usually weekends pretty busy. Sat cleaning and grocery. Today went to my grandsons birthday dinner. That's always nice, being able to c my babes. Acid is pretty much at bay as of late. Biggest issue right now is tinnitis in my ears..have had that for over a yr now. Sometimes it gets worse than other timed bit is with me 24/7. I hate it so bad. I fear it getting worse..so between acid and tinnitis, wonder if Tha somehow go hand in hand.

I know where Youngstown is. Went to a restaurant there, Youngs Dairy..good food..

Hope all goes well with surgery..take care..nice talking to you too..wink

• Posted

Hi Terrie it me again Leslie it sound like you had a very busy weekend I am like you I save my house cleaning for Saturday so I can have my Sunday free. So did you go out for dinner or stay home for your grandson birthday and my I ask how old is your grandson? I do not think the tinnitus has anything thing to do with your acid reflux but I hope your doctor gets your tinnitus under control and soon I am glad that your at bay with your acid reflux for the time being I wish I can say the same for my problem but I have faith and trust in my new doctor and with my up coming redo fundoplication surgery he will put and end to my problem once and for all like I told you before I will keep you posted before during and after my surgery like I said before I am very glad I met you and someone I can talk to while I am going through this and is it all right with you I can call you my friend? So after all is said and done and I feeling like my old self again I would not mind meeting you in person after all Ohio is not that far away from New York but anyway I will definitely keep you posted that for sure so with I bid you a very good evening a God speed and I be talking you soon very truly yours Leslie🐈🐾

• Posted

No I have never had that surgery before my symptoms are rather new to me. I have had chest pain constantly for two weeks. Tried tums and it take the pain away for about an hour. I tried pepto bismal same thing. I have tried Zantac now for three days and I again reliefs the pain for only a few hours. The pain has now spread to the right side of my chest and it is giving me extreme pain my therapy hurts and now my stomach has been upset and sore for days. I'm not exactly sure what is going on I'm going to the hospital today after work because I just can't take it anymore. It is also hard for me to swollow it feels like something is stuck in my throat. Has anyone ever had this issue as well?

• Posted

I haven't had the chest pain. Have felt uncomfortable in chest but can't really say pain. No stomach issues either. But something in throat, yes. Called globus..horrible sensation..eating healthy is all tht helps with tht..hope u get results from hospital. Have thm ck yr heart as well..take care

• Posted

Hi Tiffany this is Leslie thanks for getting back to me you sound like your having problems as well and I feel sorry for you and I hope your doctor can help you feel better soon I having a hard time swallowing as well since my first fundoplication surgery last August of 2016 he warp me so thighs i can't burp or vomit  and when I need to get rid of gas it comes from my back side and when I do have to vomit it come from all places not from my stomach but from the back of my throat and i feel like there a lump there all the time but I have very good faith in my new doctor andand this will be my last redo fundoplication surgery for a very very very long time my is on 10-11-2017 if you don't mind i will tell you how my surgery went and how I am doing after my surgery and i hope your doctors can help you as well so take care and I hope we will be talking soon.Very truly yours Leslie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.