Fundoplication surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I am post-op 4 weeks after fundoplication surgery. I am wondering how others were or are doing one month after surgery. My appetite is still off, eating very small portions of soft and moist diet. I still am not able to get all the fluids I need every day. I am still fatigued and not back to my daily routines. I do not have any acid reflux anymore!  It seems to be a slow recovery though.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am having surgery on the 12th.  I am really nervous.  I am reading a lot of bad experiences

• Posted

Hi, I am now almost 5 weeks post-op for fundoplication surgery. I am feeling so much better now. I do not experience much discomfort, and no acid reflux for the first time in 25 Years. Good luck and keep in touch. Please contact me if you have any questions
    • Posted

My surgery was easy bit. Are you having it done laproscopically?
  • Posted

Mine was 14 years ago but yes recovery is slow but I did get there and reflux improvement was excellent. Don't be tempted to push things. I had a Thai lunch on a day out after c 6 weeks and prob didn't chew the crunchy food enough and result was a lot of pain and some internal bleeding. Things Settled down and didn't make that mistake again! Good luck and don't rush things.

• Posted

Hi, in the last few days I have taken a corner. I feel more like myself. I still will get fatigued, lost 14 lbs in 5 weeks. I finally have no reflux but am on PPI  till I see my doctor in 4 weeks. I will be careful as I am with food. I am glad to hear from you, it really was a tough surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.