Funky lung feeling

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, for about a month now, every time I take a breath, and especially walking outside in the cold (I live in Nova Scotia), I feel like someone has scrubbed the inside of my lungs with a brillo pad. I know this is a strange word picture, but, it is all I can think of to liken it to. It feels like the back of my throat is coated in sugar and like I could throw up, a great deal of the time. It makes no sense. 

Now, I had a cold, and I went through the flu....what could this possibly be? Bronchitis? Pneumonia? I am a non-smoker, I don't smoke pot or anything...what could it be? I DO have asthma. Thank you!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention, when I try to take a large breath, I usually wind up with this piddly little cough too. I bought some cough drops the other day, and they aren't really doing anything. But, if I try to take a deep breath, I wind up coughing a bit, and when lying in bed I am wheezing while breathing out. 

I have been taking a mucous pill daily for quite awhile, could that be hurting me at all?

• Posted

Hello, I’ve had sepsis and Pneumonia now for  over 4 weeks now was in hospital for 5 days due to sepsis. I thought I had just a common cold/ flu but mine was serious and I wouldn’t take any risks at all go see a doctor. Hope you feel better soon 

Helena xx

• Posted

Thank you. I will be calling the doctor tonight...just doesn't feel right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.