Funny feelings when lye down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

I can't really explain this easily.

When I lye down in bed or settee I get a flash of frightened feelings come over my chest and my ears ring louder. My heart beat seems raised. It's the most horrible and unnerving sensation. I have to get up and do something. I'm so tired because I'm not getting sleep.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Could it be anxiety? You could try some meditation, there are loads of clips online ranging from 5 minutes to an hour.

Also deep breathing to try and push through the feeling?

Not much help, sorry :-( I am also suffering from insomnia amongst other things..... Sigh

Take care

Carole x

• Posted

Hi Michelle.. I had similar sensations a few years back and thought I was going crazy. My heart would race and it felt like my whole busy was buzzing. There was also a feeling of doom like I would die in the middle of the night. My ears would also buzz. I went to the emergency room twice and they told me I was having panic attacks. My family doctor finally did a ferritin test and I had no iron stores 6ug/L normal is 80-300. Have you had this checked? Once my iron came up my symptoms got much better.
    • Posted

No I haven't had my iron levels checked. Would I not get enough in my diet ? I tend to eat foods rich in iron x
    • Posted

I thought I was eating enough as well but if you are having bleeding ferritin could be low. If you are post menopausal its usually not an issue.
    • Posted

Funny you said that Lola, i had the same issue with those weird sensations. I went to the ER and was told it was anxiety and that I was very anemic. The doc has me on iron 324 mg tablet. My ferritin was really low down to a 9. Since the tablets my iron has improved a great deal, and my ferritin is slowly coming up. A lot of my symptoms have gotten better. I still have some crazy ones but I feel much better than I did. Low iron symptoms can mimic a lot of peri symtpoms so Michelle its definitely worth having that checked.
  • Posted

I've been experiencing similar problems (heart palpitations and anxiety- esp when lying down) About a month ago my blood tests came back and I have low iron stores (Ferritin 7) and slightly anaemic (HG 10.9)

I've been taking Ferrous Fumerate (sp?) for about 3 weeks and I am starting to feel better, both physically and mentally.

I've had some very heavy periods recently and I think that was the trigger.

I know from the past that anaemia came cause me to feel very odd in many ways.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.