Funny neck cramps what???

Posted , 4 users are following.

OK everyone hear I go again. I'm very grateful for you all and don't know what I would have done if I hadn't reached out to you all. Well, lately I have been having a neck pain that doesn't last but a few seconds coming and going. I actually can hear my neck grinding as I turn it. Has anyone experienced this along with their anxiety?? I also have the crazy head sensations and dull pains. I had two CT scans and they we're negative. the neck pain radiates to the back of the head from the back of the neck. Yikes!! It is seriously freaking me out. Will someone please help me to understand this symptom?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's tension caused by anxiety. Anxiety causes our muscles to tighten therefore creating knots and tension from the shoulders, to the neck up to the head. All the muscles are connected and vary in specific areas per person. I suffer a great deal from these pains. ..especially in my jaw as I grind my teeth when sleeping. Try massaging the areas for relief or go for massage therapy sessions. Taking anti-inflammatory meds can help with the discomfort if ur not allergic or was advised not to take them.

Hope this helps.

Sandi

• Posted

Thanks Sandi! How do you cope? I mean I am trying so hard and I have four children that I am trying to be strong for. This anxiety is really taking me out of my comfort zone. I feel like I am 70 years old with all these poo physical symptoms.

• Posted

No worries. Well the physical symptoms are the least of my problems to be honest. Battling my anxiety and my mind is most difficult for me. I'm not really coping ...I am a single mother and I find it hard as well trying to live day to day....this anxiety has been so debilitating and prevents me from living a normal life. I've been off work now for 4 months bc of the severity. I wish I could give u coping strategies but I don't have any regarding anxiety 😔
  • Posted

I have weird nevk noises when i roll my head. Read it was aging or a bit of arthritis. I have no clue if it is.but i get  issues. Im going to say its tension from stress. I have such weird stuff myself going in the last three days i feel like i could lay down and be done.jaw pains, numb with tingles and tinnitus..pulsing one.  . I keep praying it just goes away. It does too but im waiting. Just bought some magnesium glycinate figure ill try that when it arrives to calm the muscles, its not suppose to bug the stomach. Seems bad cycles happen here and there. I ruined my diet i was eating clean so who knows maybe that is contributing. My husband just laughs which is annoying. He says everyone has stuff you have to ignore it. I cant and im uncomfortable and im the kind of person who does not handle this stuff well (haha obviously) i know its muscle stuff but i get scared and it triggers such odd symptoms.it Hopefully will go away soon It has in the past. Anyway sorry im venting on your post im just a wreck myself. But yes i have always had neck issues since i can remember. Pay attention to your posture and how you sit and sleep.it sounds like a nerve is getting pinched. Can you take a anti inflammatory like motrin? If you have anyone who will give you a neck and shoulder massage for a bit that will feel good. (Kids are good for massages make it a contest haha)
  • Posted

It does sound like tension caused by anxiety. However, do you sit for periods looking down at a phone, tablet or book? As I get pains in my neck and shoulders if I'm reading a book or on my tablet for a long time. A massage would do you good 😊
  • Posted

We tense up when we are anxious hence different parts of our body are sore

Stay strongcool

• Posted

sometimes if you are still for a long time when you move your neck it may grind a little because it has not changed position for a while. It's normal.

rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.