funny turns

Posted , 9 users are following.

Every now again I keep having this really strange feeling. Its like i get really bad dejavu and a really panicky feeling. Its like my body doesn't want to move. I explained the sensation to a doctor once and he said it was a panic attack but I recently did epilepsy training and it sounds like petite mal. It doesn't make me hyperventilate like a normal panic attack and when it passes I feel very drained and sick. Does anyone know the feeling?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello

I have had / have the exact feeling that you describe. its good to know that someone else knows what I mean when I described it as trying to explain or articulate epileptic sensations to others can be very difficult.

hope u are well

Claire

• Posted

i have been trying to find some one that has these same feelings , im pleased to see someone understands , so hard to describe hey , and i have just seen a neroligist today , i wish i had been able to tell him im not the only one with this problem , it looks like i might have got this from too many bouts of the flu , but thats to be sorted out after i get an eeg , again ,i had one in 2009 and diagnosed with epilepsy , put on epilem and such after a couple of years i had so much bad side affects i told the doc i had had enough and stopped all medication , since then my TURNSare getting further apart and not so bad , so i will wait now and get the eeg , but not too keen on the trial and error of tablets , ,, im 86 this year and im determined to sort this out , hope you get some results too okĀ 
  • Posted

Hi cakey7,

i am am not a doc, but was diagnosed with seizures 9 months ago. I too was having dejavu, along with phantom smells, and nausea. I was to,d they were panic attacks. Lasted anywhere from a few seconds to under a minute. Then I started to black out and not remember what happened the next 10 - 15 minutes.  The last one that happened, I was driving, and thank God I was not in an accident. I had been driving for 15 minutes when I "came to". I went to a neurologist and within minutes of describing dejavu and phantom smells, I was diagnosed with simple partial seizures. I had these so called "panic attacks on and off for years until I started losing time. I would look into seeing a neurologist. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.