Furious and offended

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all. Well wishes to all in the new year.  

I am so cross. I had an appointment at cfs clinic earlier this week and feel it was a waste of time. Apparently i feel rotten because i am blind and find life difficult  they may reconsider diagnosis because of it. I did try to educate her but failed. For an expert she seemed to discount a lot of symptoms as unrelated. I wish she  could live my life for a day and understand i feel terrible but not coz of sight. Sorry to grumble. Tried to keep it short

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about that. I think that it would be good if more patients were to record their appointments at CFS clinics, as we get so many reports of bad experiences, but often these are just dismissed by those in positions of authority.

The people who wrote this dire piece work at the Essex CFS clinic: http://www.bmj.com/content/329/7472/928/rr/702549

• Posted

oh my god!!!! please please PLEASE make a formal complaint, to the clinic, to ur GP, and maybe to that care council commission they talk about.

thats absolutely terrible you got treated like that. its unnacceptable.

good luck xx

• Posted

Hi. Have spoken to my gp and he agreed it was wrong. He will continue supporting me. I have two o. T appointnents at the clinic and will raise issues with them. Still cross with it all but had to calm as got chest infection and had steroids and antibiotics. Just trying to keep going. Thank you for your support. ☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.