Fusion 5 days ago/ pain meds

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, 

Quick back up : Had First toe fusion done April 9th.... is it normal for the pain to be this intense at this point ? And I'm almost out of Oxi... which I hate to take but I certainly need it with the Tylenol to help me get through this pain.     Has anyone run out before their two week post op? 

Ok....  my first two surgeries were Ok compared to this... not going to lie, its tough..... 

Thoughts? 

Thanks! 

Rose

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rose, this is a concern to me so I’m glad you brought it up.   I keep hearing that doctors Have cut back on pain meds because of the opiate scare.    I understand that but I’m going to have ankle surgery next week and I want pain meds.     In fact I don’t want to have to worry about that . Surgery is hard to deal with and you sure don’t want to have to worry about running out of medicines.
    • Posted

HI Kathy, 

Yes, this is exactly why they have cut down. But sadly its needed. And anyone can be a super hero but anything that is cut is going to hurt.  He gave me 30 Oxi. My husband had one , ONE tooth extracted two weeks ago and was given 60!! I don't get it. And I fear asking for more as he is going to think I'm a sissy with pain. I don't think I am but I certainly am not out of the intense pain mode. 

Good luck with your surgery! 

Rose

• Posted

HI Kathy, 

I just wanted to let you know that I did call today and he was Ok with filling my prescription for me for a little bit more Oxicodone. I was scared to ask but it was ok... there is so much talk of addiction that I almost felt like someone would judge me. But I am not someone who likes this stuff but this is not an easy "get over quick surgery!" ... so there is faith for you! smile 

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.