fussy eater needs help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just started taking Orlistat. Ive been on it for 3 days, Ive cut out bread, gone to low fat spread, but my stomach is playing up,  Im also a diabetic type 2.  My biggest problem being is I dont eat meat or veg..  (I know what your gonna say.. what do you eat..lol).

I eat mainly potatoe products, pasts, and salads, I eat some fruit but not much, I do eat thinly sliced ham.  What sort of things can be recommended food wise.

thanks biggrin

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tiby and welcome to the forum :-)

What do you mean by "your stomach is playing up"?

Are you getting the orange oil when you go to the bathroom?

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi

I have a blog with meal ideas if you want i can send you the link.

You say you don't eat meat but you eat Ham? is that the only meat you DO eat? what about Quorn you need some protein in your diet. What do you eat everyday?

You say your stomach is playing up are you getting any orange oil? if you are it would be the butter

Britney

x

• Posted

yes, Ham is the only meat I eat,, it has to be very thinly sliced.  I have tried quorn but the texture of it makes me gag.   Yes I have the Orange oil when going to the toilet.  Im not having butter, but flora light which was recommended.  If you  have any recipes I would greatly appreciate them as eating salad and boiled potatoes every tea time is getting me down
  • Posted

Why have you cut out bread? It's what you put on it that matters!
    • Posted

I also suffer with IBS.. and I have found bread to be a trigger..  I do allow myself a slice of 50/50 every so often
  • Posted

I thought we could only have the flora lighter than light as the light one is still over 5g per 100g x
  • Posted

What is this 5g rule...  my doc just put me on the tablets and mentioned the possible side effects but didnt really tell me how to change my diet, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.