Fustrated and fed up

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm fed with having to keep calm thinking I'm going to die, going to the store and can't wait to get out,trying to keep busy fairing something might happen,putting my friends off and promising to see them forgetting my appointments sometimes,feeling sad for myself,don't want to anything have to force myself at times waiting for it end and most of all can't wait for bed to sleep all.off if I can.

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is me all over my thoughts take over and if I think 'I feel funny I'm going to die soon' a panic sets in and I return home as its so overwhelming.i hate feeling trapped I need to get home wen I want too etc it's just awful please don't think you're in ur own I even canceled dinner with my lovely friend today as felt so panicky all cos my head felt full and light I thought ones having a stroke !!! I hate me life xx
  • Posted

I'm with you on this I really am. It just gets too much some days x
  • Posted

I understand how you feel and I'm the same way. I do everything in a rush so I can get back home. I've been gradually making my way out but when I do I'm anxious the whole time and so uncomfortable. I'm realizing that I am just going to have to get on with it until I become comfortable again. Its going to take time and I have to be patient with myself. The change isn't an overnight process so me getting back to what I consider my normal isn't going to be an overnight process either. Be patient with yourself. It's ok to feel the way you do. Rest when you need to, get as much done as you can when you feel up to it. Take care of you. Remember its not an overnight process and it's certainly not a forever process. ((Hugs))
    • Posted

Hi Jamie thanks for your comforting words trying ever do hard to keep going god bless you.
  • Posted

Maria, right there with you, it is so hard with the panic and doom to try to do things.  I don't really spend time with friends anymore; mostly, I prefer being with my family because they are understanding.  Soooo determined to do something about my anxiety if I can figure out where to start!  I know how you feel and am here whenever you need to speak up.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth yes I would like something for mine too so I can get on bit,it just sucks meno frightens you that is what causes the Anxiety do you let it win when you should defeat it but you deal with it the best way you know how,I'm always ready to run home and I hate what it has done to me.
    • Posted

Oh, I definitely agree, we deal with it as best we can.  It can be a moment-to-moment situation and that is so hard.
    • Posted

Yes I only want to sleep it off,I went in the phone shop while ago and I was so nervous anxious had a funny head but I had to wait for the phone and that was terror for me Just share panicking god help us
    • Posted

Do you get sleep
    • Posted

I'm exactly same. What is it about lines? Even waiting in traffic is awful feeling.

I think I can sleep this off and I'll wake up feeling my old self again. But never happens.

• Posted

I rarely sleep more than 5-6 hours.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth we will one morning the switch will come on back to old selves can't wait I just dread the next day and the next, since I went on HRT I sleep better but might not stay on it through the bleeds it cause shame teally,
  • Posted

Hi Maria

I was just like you a month or so ago. The problem with anxiety is that it is self perpetuating, if you let it rule your life, it gets worse.

I think my anxiety started because I was getting heart palpitations, they would wake me up and I thought I was going to die.

It has taken me 6 months to get on top of the anxiety. Once I realised I wasn't going to die and collapse in public, it slowly helped me to push myself. The more I go out and prove to myself I am ok, the easier it becomes.

I also found that accepting it was menopause helped because the alternatives are not nice.

So it's taken me 6 months to get back to somewhere near my former self. I still have the palpitations but I treat it like a migraine, not nice at the time but it will pass.

• Posted

Fiona,

I can relate to this. All the other symptoms I can deal with, it's the heart palps that started the anxiety for me. I never dealt with anxiety. It's been 8 months now and I am slowly getting back out there one day at a time. Like yourself, now that I have accepted it's hormones and I that nothing bad is going to happen to me, it helps me to deal with it better.

• Posted

I am trying to not feel anxious over the heart palpations and skipped beats, but now I have Pulsatile tinnitus and I can hear my heart beating inside my ear drum and know when it skips a beat.  Very disturbing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.