Fuzzy/cotton wool headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im experiencing fuzzy/cotton wool headaches where I feel all disconnected and can't think straight. I take Sertraline....could this be a side effect?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i've never been put on sertraline, so i dont know its side effects. i am just wondering, have you read the bottle it came in? sometimes there are warning little stickers stuck onto the bottle. if there are no stickers at all? well, that would be strange. has your doctor explained about side effects while he prescribed this for you? if he hasn't, then you might wanna call the pharmacist who filled your bottle. now that person should know all about it. i dont think you should be scared cause almost all meds can make your head feel weird. is there any pain, real discomfort? call the doctor or pharmacist, just to rule out anything serious. sooner than later....okay?
  • Posted

Headaches are common  with sertraline Im on 200mg daily

Drink lots of watercheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks Lynn....I'm on 200mg too.....almost 7 weeks and had pneumonia last week with very strong antibiotics....was like a zombie. Does depression make you feel physically weak too? A bit dizzy? Spaced out?
    • Posted

Yeah I have good days and bad but when its a bad day I get these symptoms.

Ive had depression 17 years anxiety started in December but with a med change and therapy I think Im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

The antibiotics could be causing these symptoms as well

Stay Strongrolleyes

• Posted

Lynne how long have you been on 200mg?
    • Posted

Hi Iris

Ive been on 200mg for about 3 months now it started off at 25mg then went up month by month to 200mg.

I have had depression 17 years anxierty only started in December the mirtazapine  I was on for 6 years stopped working.

Psych wanted to put me on Prozac because thats the drug he liked to prescribe but my GP had already put me on sertraline and Id tried prozac twice before and it didnt work.

Sleep is still a problem as the mirt knocked me out but the setraline is not doing that

I have had 7 CBT sessions which has helped with the anxiety and now Im on a waiting list to have a more robust therapy for my depression

Take Carecool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.