Fuzzy head

Posted , 6 users are following.

Woke up this morning feeling shaky (experience this quite often) and like I had a head full of cotton wool. Felt really muddled, so much so I bumped in to someone I used to work with and I could not remember for the life of me who they were!! Made me feel really disorientated and confused, even quite physically sick!! I haven't been able to shake this horiible wibbly wobbly heady feeling all day and keep thinking is this really peri or am I suffering from MS or Parkinsons (because of the shaking). I have a GP's appointment in 3 weeks but my anxiety is growing by the day. Have started taking a Vit B Complex but only 5 days ago so probably not kicked in yet, any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly 

first dont think the worst, feeling off balance and walking like a drunk happens

😀😀😀😃😀

B complex good, make sure it has lashings of B6 in it, at least 100mg 

B12 is good Jarrows methyl 5000mcg red label cherry flavour .. amazon uk £13

B6 really helps with anxiety and perisymptoms  thats B6 not complex although the complex should have it in, all B's are good... 

i take 150mg daily of B6 and my anxiety went ... and the wobbles..

Maca is good too capsules i used these in early peri and still take them, also Estroven Max or Menapol plus is good... also amazon uk 😀

we are all on here to support each other so fire away if you get fed up or want to chat 

Jay xx

• Posted

Thank-you so much. I have already found lots of the discussions really helpful and feel I may have been experiencing symptoms for years (lots of tests all normal) but they have been masked as I have the Mirena coil. I pushed for blood tests last month as periods stopped completely in April and this was not normal for me. Since periods have stopped everyday brings something new, headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, gastro pain. I really do not want to turn to HRT and would rather stick to the natural route so fingers crossed, I am not even 40 yet :'( xx 
    • Posted

Hi kelly

oh you are very young.. I started peri at your age I am 50 now..

just turned the corner... ( no periods for almost a year)

hope they have checked you via ultra sound make sure all in order ..

check no cysts etc.. 

good luck Kelly... Jay xx

• Posted

hello kelly-ann, i do relate to you so much, I too have horrible headaches  and feel shaky and off balance most days, i get tingling all over, tinnitus, and terrible gastro problems I'm having them today, i feel so sick as i type.I relate too about feeling muddled and disorientated thats so me its embarrasing.  I have no answer or remedy but to keep going and i just have to think to myself hay ho tomorrows a new day and hope its better

otherwise i may think about jumping off the roof, not really i don't like heights. I do however have good days and they are coming more often

so keep fighting it kelly-ann we can do it.  sending you a tuesday hug x 

• Posted

Thank you so so much for your reply, it is good to know I am not alone. It is so hard trying to explain to people who have not been through it as they just don't seem to understand, I am sure most of my friends have written me off as a complete hypochondriac! I can relate to your new day as that is how I feel, just write today off as a bad day and hope tomorrow brings better things xx
    • Posted

Hi kelly-ann

thats the spirit, keep positive and think of it as a natural phase of a womens life, we have to keep positive..

i found some days hard, and other days lovely, and take each day at a time.

do what you can chore wise when you can, a little is better than nothing, dwelling on it is not good..  

i say this as to be sympathetic as been like it 9-10 years, but found a positive mind helps and accepting it.. as its lifes path... 😥

it does get better kelly ann..  and try and help the symptoms with supplements ..  the sooner the better ...

Jay xx

• Posted

I do sympathise. I started peri at 35 and am now post hysterectomy at 45. When the symptoms start they are scary but there are some great posts on here about what to expect. Reading them certainly made me go " well that explains it" a few times. I cant promise it will get easier but you do adapt.
    • Posted

Hi Bouncyville

your doing just great, youve been through alot ..

treat it as an annoyance, and dont let it beat you..

i have felt awful some days in past .. still have a blip, then i think right i need to do that ... and I just do it ... slower if feel not so clever, but when i get stuck it i actually focus on the task in hand and forget about the way i feel.. so dwelling certainly is proven to make things worse.. especially when we tell ourselves ' I cant dont this today, i feel too bad ' often its because we arent moving and exercising and occupying our minds..

praise yourself... you doing great and dealing with it ...be kind to yourself.

Jay xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.