Fuzzy headed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 20 mg once a day for about 3 months. Seems to have numbed anxiety/depression a bit but I am very heavy headed. I sleep heavily and when I get up to go to the loo I usually go straight back to sleep. Don't remember feeling like this when taking fluoxetine years ago. I feel I could stay in bed all day but have to get up eventually because I have a dog. Has anyone cut down by taking one capsule every other day? Thanks for any experiences/advice.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was exactly the same however i weaned off over 5 weeks last December. Its now March & it looks like i will have to restart as i had a panic attack at work

Last thing i want to do as i hate being to exhausted all the time on them

• Posted

Thanks Jac, how did you wean yourself off. I was thinking of trying one every other day. Don't really want to discuss with doctor.

• Posted

Hi Linda,

It took me a good 5 weeks. Lowering the dosage at DR's directive.

However just restarted today- had a hell few weeks so now i realise i may need them forever.

• Posted

hi linda ive been on prozac before but havent cut them back ifeel different on them this time round i feel they are taking longer to work this time i was started on 20mg increased to 40mg after 3wks and 9 wks have started on 60mg so all in all have been taking them 12wks had a lift on 40mg for 2 wks went back down hense trying 60mg now.they do seem to take longer to work these days god only knows why.ive been on 60mg just over i wk so hopefully i will see an improvement soon.reading on this forum it can take at least 3mths to start working perhaps im to impatient.keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Bazza

I think it took a month before I noticed any difference and now I feel a bit detached from everything as I said to Catherine who has gone from 20 to 60 mg in 4 weeks which seems too quick to me but I am not medic and each person's condition is unique I suppose. Don't you feel fuzzy headed and sleepy on 60 mg? Best wishes Linda

• Posted

hi linda cant say i feel fuzzy headed but i could stay in bed all day away from the phone and people im on 9th day of 60mg all i feel at the moment is very down and just hoping and praying things will pick very soon and stay uphavent got much faith in the meds at the moment.bazza.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.