Fuzzy pop

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven't had any fizzy pop for 6 months because my friend said it would course a flare up Is this true. Does anyone drink fizzy pop and are they ok X. I would kill for a nice cold can of pop right now

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, I can honestly say I have never had a problem with fizzy pop. I drink cola, elderflower presse, lemonade, tonic water, dry ginger, also alcoholic ginger beer with no problems that I recall. I don't drink these daily or in large amounts, but a glass now and then has not been a problem.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I might try a Diet Coke on Friday and see how I get on
  • Posted

I drink sparkling mineral water all the time. But flares are caused when things become trapped in pockets.  It could be that some of the flavoured drinks have additives (artificial or otherwise) that could cause irritation.  For example, the citric acid in things like lemon and orange drinks gets my hiatus hernia every time!  And sugars encourage yeast to grow.  Trial and error I think and enjoy your pop!
  • Posted

Yes, I drink fizzy pop (soda here in the US). I'm 2 & a half months out from attack and it does not bother me at all. I have been told if you think liquids bother you there may be another issue going on like IBS.

• Posted

I am in a attack have been for the last 4 days Had to take Imodium this morning only way to get out of bathroom x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.