Fybergel

Posted , 4 users are following.

No more fybergel it's made me so constipated and pain in my stomach. Gone back to my antispasmodic tablets albran and probiotic drink. At least I tried it It just didn't work for me x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

Sorry you're suffering and in pain. I haven't tried probiotic drinks before and wondered if they were helpful. It seems as if quite a few people suffering with diverticulitis take them.

A recent study by University College London suggests these drinks not to be all they are cracked up to be.  They ran tests on 8 priobotic drinks and found they offered no health benefits at all, mainly because the good bacteria in these drinks never even made it to the small intestine, let alone further down.

[b]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2752798/The-probiotic-drinks-don-t-bring-benefits-Study-finds-good-bacteria-products-does-not-reach-small-intestine[b].html

It surprises me that the marketing of these drinks promotes something it perhaps does not deliver.  I'm inclined to believe the university research. That said, lots of people take these drinks and find them to be of help. 

So, I wonder what the experience of others is with priobitic drinks?  Are we being lured into a false sense of well being from expensive and attractively labelled drinks - someone is clearly benefiting if it's not patients....!!

• Posted

I take one everyday don't really know if it makes any difference because I take albran and a antispasmodic tablets before food. I think when you are so low and fed up you will try anything or at least I will x

• Posted

Try Regucol, since taking this daily for the last twelve weeks I have not had an attack.
    • Posted

Hi there,Regucol worked great for me for about  year ,but the diahroea slowly came back so thats when i used Fybogel and its been great so far although i do take one quarter of loperomide a day aswell,Im in a really good place at the moment,hopefully it will last as i go on safari soon.
    • Posted

Fibregel constipated me and made me feel bloated so I stopped it if I get diahorea really bad I take 2 Imodium and they stop it for a couple of days. Dr gave me antispasmodic tablets to take as well but can't take fybergel as well It's all so confusing I really don't know what's best for me x

• Posted

No all has been fine since I started taking it.  They recommend taking it twice a day to start with, but I take it once only and it works perfectly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.