Fybogel information needed please

Posted , 3 users are following.

At last I have been prescribed fybogel, I not sure when to take it but at a guess maybe after breakfast?

Also will fybogel settle my tummy get rid of feeling sick , like I have been everyday on and off for two weeks. And feeling generally unwell

And I can't find no leaflets in the box as I wanted to know if its sugar fee

Can anyone tell me if it stopped these symptoms or do I just have to live with them

Thank you

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi fybogel is just a fibre supplement that made me a lot worse, it does not settle tummy pain or stop you feeling sick. When you take it make sure you drink plenty or it will block you right up.
  • Posted

Bethia... looks like you should take after meals but not close to bedtime. Always take with water. It does have aspertaine for sweetener. You can Google it and get all type of information on its uses and how to use.

The sick feeling comes in waves and will pass with time. DD is a nasty disease but with consistence you can manage it.

There is life after a flare. A food diary will help you determine what foods triggers your flares. This is the place to be for help. You are not alone on your journey.

• Posted

Hi Lucy. I've found a natural remedy for sick, tummy etc it was by accident as diverticulitis is so close to irritated bowl syndrome a few friends who I know take this I take one cup a day its instant settles tummy take away sickness help bowl you get it in any supermarket

Just Google pepper mint tea your be amazed

I tried one cup today and it works right away

• Posted

Yipee
    • Posted

It do fever, bad breath, helps with cramping bloating tummy discomfort increase rate of digestion and promote healthy bowl movement good for ibs and nausea and vomiting.

I was down that supermarket like a shot

• Posted

Hi Bethia

My friend swears by ginger which I know you can get as a tea.  I can't vouch for it, as I loathe the stuff.  But peppermint tea is a really good idea.

• Posted

I tried ginger hated it and it burnt my throat but I found the peppermint tea cool and refreshing they say one cup a day is all you need, some do two but as I'm testing it out I thought one cup best...not a mug, just in case.

• Posted

That is so good to know. Thank you. I no longer have DD issues but it cost me 10.5"of my bowel, for emergency surgeries and a long recovery time. I actually drink dill pickle juice for nausea now. The peppermint tea sounds wonderful.

• Posted

Four not for....
    • Posted

Hi I'm back and watching the clock had a cup peppermint tea at 3 clock been nausea free for 3 hrs now my longest time in two weeks tummy feel more settled to but still got a lighter pressures on my left

Got 15 mins to go to 7 pm then its 4 hrs free

I'm likening this for sure. If it last till bedtime I'm going to have a chocolate as a reward lol

• Posted

Be careful with the chocolate and don't have to much. It bothers some. The pain will get better after a while on the antibiotics. They have to have time to heal up the inflammation. Take care and continue to check back here for more very helpful information.

• Posted

Well 6 hrs have passed and no signs of nausea, that suits me fine, I also feel a lot better in myself the feeling of generally unwell has retreated, my tummy don't feel bloated but a little full,

I can live with that,

I found the peppermint tea kicked in quickly am waiting for the fybogel to kick in but it do say fybogel side effects is bloating, something the tea counter attacks as for the farting can't do much about that but I sure do feel better after one,

I would recommend peppermint tea to everyone after all you have nothing to lose but an awful lot to gain and if it works on me I'm sure it will work on anyone

Good night friends x

• Posted

Bethia try Metamucil in its sugar free powder form. I take it twice per day in 2 teaspoons in 12 ounces of water and I have been pain free six years. For me the only downside is I have several bowel movements per day and typically within the first hour when I wake up in morning. Once I feel my colon is cleaned out I am ready to take on the day without any issues. The product does stop mild diarrhea and it will not make you gasey. Good luck and let me know what you think. You can buy it on the internet or a generic just like it.
    • Posted

What about the symptoms of diverticulitis do it stop you feeling sick bloating light head and generally feeling unwell or is it a case you just have to live with these symptoms till flare up have gone
    • Posted

I have no bloating issues when taking it you should take twice per day and monitor how you feel while on it.

Good luck.

• Posted

My doctor told me once a day everyday even when your feeling better and not to stop taking it
    • Posted

Bethia the psyllium husk aka Metamucil was offered to me by a board certified surgeon six years ago and he sent me on my way without ripping out part of my colon unlike some others on this site. If you have constipation and mild diarrhea this product should do you good. It can help you and you should try it twice per day instead of just once to speed up the processing in your system.

Lastly many followers on this site suffer from IBS and psyllium also helps to relieve the symptoms of that disease.

Best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.