Posted , 7 users are following.
Warm Home Discount Tips
Families that are entitled to the Governments Warm Home Discount Scheme will know that their £140 will be added to their key meters between December and March, but there ways of prioritizing your entitlement so you get it within days rather than weeks or months.
If you are entitled you maybe struggling around Christmas time, with paying for electric to keep you warm on these cold days and would rather get it in December rather than in the first 3 months of 2016.
So, here is a tip that you probably do not know.
1. 2,000 Warm Home Discounts are processed per day.
2. Your Energy provider sends out all key operated discounts in one bulk, not several that some people think.
3. If you would like your Warm Home Discount faster then follow these tasks.
4. Do not top your key meter up just once a week or use different outlets, this will postpone the Discount reaching your key.
5. If you would like your Discount in roughly 3-5 days, sometimes longer depending on the supplier sending out the bulk signal to outlets.
6. Do not add large amounts to your key, e.g. £15, £20, £25 or more in one week, this will prolong your discount being added.
7. Instead add just £5 a day, for about 5 days at the same outlet each time, this will process your discount in front of other people. It should be added within 3-5 of you paying small amounts.
If you decide the above is not really for you, then you can expect your Warm Home Discount (if this is a rolling application from last year!) within roughly 5-6 weeks. New claims made in 2015, vary from November to March, this depends on your Electric company.
0 likes, 13 replies