FYI...light therapy-laser therapy, instead of the scapel...

Posted , 1 user is following.

FYI...light therapy-laser therapy, instead of the scapel.

I quote,... light therapy-laser theapy- the individual undergoes a barrage of coloured lights or lasers to kill bacteria on the surface of the skin, and remove the top layer of skin.

This will prevent further infections, since all the offending bacteria has been removed and may also remove scarring from the previous infections.(If i understood correctly, # of treatments vary for each individual)....Talk to a Dermatologist about this.

DON'T do the surgery until you check into this option first...PLEASE.

This sounds really promising, i will be asking my GP to send me to a Dermotologist for sure. I need more information still and of course somone who is familiar with this disease, and this kind of treatment...lots to do.....lol

I promise to keep you posted...in the mean time....read, read, read...

Someone who cares...hugs & kisses

[i:f3eda56c29]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f3eda56c29]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for your reference to Laser/Light therapy. I have been disabled with Hs for 12 years now and my last visit to a plastic surgeon was a hopeless visit. Quote "THERE MAY BE SOME LASER TREATMENTS IN THE FUTURE BUT WE DON'T KNOW YET".

I will do more digging but the skin industry does not seem to want to heal people just make money out of vanity.

Considering the birth of plastic surgery came out of the need to skin repair during wartime, it has become a distance relative from the healing it was meant for.

THERE HAS TO BE ENOUGH PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE THAT CAN BAND TOGETHER TO FIGHT FOR MORE RECOGNITION OF THIS ILLNESS AND USE SKILL TO CREATE A GROUP OF POWERFUL PEOPLE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

I AM AN ANGRY LADY WHO WANTS CHANGE IN THE NHS, FROM BREAST IMPLANTS TO HEALING THE SKIN OF PEOPLE WHO ARE IN GREAT PHYSICAL PAIN AND SUFFERING INFECTION THAT COULD BE PREVENTED.

Diane Spencer, POWER IN NUMBERS.

[i:8cb1cda14a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8cb1cda14a]

• Posted

Hi, I thought that you might like to look at this information...

I am from Canada, so the treatments might be different where-ever you live.

http://www.your-best-acne-treatment.com/index.html

Look under acne-inversa. I am not sure where this site is from.

Very informative site, loads of information. I think it might be U.S.

[i:11a5df312f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:11a5df312f]

• Posted

http://www.thedoctorsdoctor.com/diseases/hidradenitis_suppurativa.htm

On this site is a study....Look under treatments, in there is Laser.

carbon dioxide laser-excision and second-intention healing.

Another study that i found they had success with adalimumab. This sounded very dangerous to me-but i don't really go for the chemical drugs myself. There is a few more studies out there as well i just can't remember all the places. I just kept reading through all the sites. When i first started reading on this, I made the mistake at looking at the pictures. I went into a severe depression. I didn't want anyone near me at all. I shut down big time.

I now have my head around it, and have vowed not to let this control my life. It can be really hard at times but i found something that works for me. I don't no for how long, OR if my next flare-up will be even worse then last. I just keep looking, asking questions. Take Care....Someone who cares....

[i:f6dd02c5b1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f6dd02c5b1]

• Posted

...just a reminder, always make sure your Dr washes his hands before he touches you. He should as well after too.

Dr's and nurses carry alot of bad bugs with them from patient to patient. "A simple request for the sake of healthiness".

[i:2443eef7c1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2443eef7c1]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.