G.I Issues help :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay, this is my first time posting anywhere, but I'm getting more and more anxious about the issue. I'm a 27 year old female, I've had insurance for medical care less rather than more in my adult history. When i was a teen i was hospitalized and treated for c diff, h polyri, and 3 "massive" bleeding ulcers. Fast forward to adulthood, I've had two bowel obstructions resulting in exploratory surgery, but no answer as to the cause. These happened in my early 20s. Around my mid twenties i started to experience severe constipation, but something was a bit off about it. I could feel my intestines cramp and contract and try to push the stool through, butit felt like something was in the way, like i could feel the stool just slam into, like, a wall. Over and over. It would be so painful I'd end up sweating in the fetal position, and no matter how much i strained on the toilet i could not evacuate, i would be in so much pain, and so desperate, Id get in the bathtub on my hands and knees,chest down, butt up, and sometimes manage to elimnate in this weird yoga position. Eventually, that became uneffective. Fast foward a bit more, I realized when i'd get deparate (weeks without going and feeling sick), that i could insert a digit into my rectum, where i found this kind of suishy lump, as if something was pushing on the outside of my intestines, and if i pushed the lump with my finger very hard, i could move it a bit, and my stool could escape from around it, and i could go. Fast forward to now, i cannot empty my bowels without bowel preps. Milk of magnesia, mag citrate, senna, linzess amalatrix(sp), stool softeners, very types of otc laxatives. Nothing works but golytly the bowel prep for colonoscopies. In months, I've gone 3 times, a month apart, and only after going to the ER and begging for a bowel prep. At one point recently, i didnt want to go to the ER, and i tried 2 enemas and 4 glycerin suppositories. The first enema was ineffective, and the solution went in and then didn't come back out. The second, the solution came back out, but no stool. Then liquid i can only assume from the first enema, leaked out in small amounts over these course of the day. The glycerine suppositories did nothing but cause pain. And when i got desperate enough to try to use a digit to get things moving, i could only insert my finger in slightly because, i don't know how else to explain it. It's like the inside of my rectum is clamped shut, there is no tunnel, just squishy wall, there is no lump to push anymore, there's just nothing. My rectum has bled on several occasions while going, and there's been blood in the stool itself. And in the past couple months the very very very rare time I'm able to pass anything unassisted, it has to be pencil thin and almost flat like ribbon to make it through. In very small amounts. ER has done xrays, all they say is I'm full of stool from top to bottom, CT didn't show any obstruction, but no one has yet to do a digital exam when i tell them about the structual deformity and how there used to be a lump, and now there is a rectum hole to stick a digit in, but no tunnel like intestines. Just squishy you can't get past. Im miserable. I just got new insurance and my pcp immediately prescribed me a bowel prep when i told her what was going on, and hastily got me into see a G.I. on the 8th. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with something like this? To boot, I've got a sudden severe folate defeciency, it gets absorbed through your gut. So there's a malabsorbtion issue. I also have aplastic anemia and chronic hep c, so i feel like crap but i couldnt tell you which feelings are coming from what

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.