GA

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been to my GP and he is almost sure I have GA. he has never seen it on a patients face which is where I have mine. Does anyone have GA on their face.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary so sorry to hear you may have GA I do not have on face, but I do have everywhere else. And I do mean everywhere. I have done a lot of research and there are many different types of GA. I would get a biopsy to confirm. Good luck I hope it is not GA . But if it is , there are ways to treat it. You do learn a lot from these discussions. However that being said to your research. I wish you well.
  • Posted

My SON Has GRANULOMA ON HIS FACE...it seems to flare up when his system is stressed ...he only started showing signs at age 32 and has had 3 flare ups in two years- each episode lasts about 3 months but at the moment it is clear - we have researched to no avail it just runs it's course 😞

• Posted

Yes, I have it on one of my eyelids, it isnt bad and comes and goes, but still irritating.
  • Posted

I don't but I have it everywhere else but I do know it is possible to get it pretty much anywhere on the body. It's extremely frustrating and upsetting I know how it makes you feel but there are things you can do like steroid shots. There are different types of GA do your research and figure out what the one on your face looks closest to and you can go from there. Don't let this stupid disease define you. I'm a 17 year old girl and it does really get me down but the more my body is stressed I find one almost always pops up on me. Good luck and message me any time

• Posted

Humira works with about 7 shots.  Pentoxifilline 400mg 3 times per day but it takes at least 8 months.
    • Posted

Where did you get this information from? Humira can be very dangerous, it increases the risk of cancer, tumours, blood clots, lupus and potential worsening of already present autoimmune diseases. Anyone reading this please do not go and inject yourself with Humira.
    • Posted

I have a wonderful doctor.  He checked me for active EBV which was good and had me do another test for TB, chest xray or blood test.  The blood test is the more advanced.  Since the doctor above is out of state, I had to get my dermatologist who uses biologics to give me the treatment.  He said my GGA had improved so much he wanted me to stay on pentoxyfilline which I did and it cleared me up.  My out of state doctor did give Humira to another patient in his city and she did fine.  He gave her the first shot and kept her in the office for a couple hours to make sure she did not have any reactions.  If you fear Humira, then take pentoxyfilline.  It goes after the same TNF factor, it just takes significantly longer.
  • Posted

My GA started on my calves then thighs and now EVERYWHERE. My face is the last place for it to break out and it's pretty much on 1 side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.