GA connected to liver?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had GA for about 5 years now. Only on my hands, which is pretty unattractive because your hands are always visible and it looks like ringworm!

In the last year my liver enzyme levels have been high. When I looked up what could be causing it, one of the possibilities was autoimmune hepatitis. I'm hearing in this forum that following a gluten-free diet seems to help keep the GA away. Celiac's disease is an autoimmune illness as well. I was wondering if anyone here has had elevated liver enzymes?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have had GA for 3 years now and have routinely had my blood work done with no abnormalities. I don't have celiac or any other autoimmune issues but this one. If your GA is caused by a gluten allergy maybe taking gluten out of your diet will help, but that's if gluten is causing your GA.

I have had a couple theories on what caused me to get GA one is that my silicone breast implant ruptured, could it be from silicone traveling through my body? The other is the GA appeared shortly after I received a TB test was the test too much for my immune system or tainted?

What ever the cause, I continue to get new circles and so far plaquenil and cortisone injections directly into the circle are the only things that clear this horrible rash up.

Please keep posting I continue to hope a "cure" will come. At the very least it would be great to know what is making our skin cells morph to the extent that our bodies won't recognize them and create this response to destroy them.

~ Julie

• Posted

Hi, Julie. 

Those are are good thoughts. My thought would be that more people with GA would share those common factors. It would be cool if everyone on this forum could make a list of all foods, products, environments, habits and health conditions they have/use and see if there are common denominators. That would take awhile and the lists would be long, but I wonder if it would be helpful. 

I am diabetic. I have gone off sugar/starch rigidly previously and my spots have gone away. Now, after blowing that and going back to starches, they are far greater in number and when I eat yeast, they darken and grow. 

I want this condition to teach me something. I want to learn what the cause is so I can help others help themselves. Doctors are NOT NOT NOT the answer because they don't HAVE any answers. I keep telling myself it is not long term and we are going to figure this out. 

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarasings, yes! That would be a great place to start but a lot of work. I had one dermatologist tell me that GA is an autoimmune disease and just like any other autoimmune disease the "why" we get them remains a mystery. GA sufferers could just have sensitive or genetically flawed immune systems. I have two immediate family members with autoimmune disease and a family history of diabetes so we may be missing a chromosome or something. I have also wondered if finding a "cure" for GA would also be finding a cure for all autoimmune disease which, like cancer, isn't financially feasible for the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

Hopefully I am not rambling but just saying... what do you think?

• Posted

The predominant thought that comes to mind here is that there are natural answers that don't require the medical researchers' excuses there isn't enough funding. I feel there is knowledge they hide because how would they make money providing known cures. Maybe cynical but that's my gut belief. We'll get there.. smile

• Posted

I agree with you! Have you suffered with emotional stress or trauma as a child and adult? I certainly have and I have wondered if it wore my immune system down .....
    • Posted

Bwahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!

That is a sarcastic laugh. Trauma? What is THAT? I'm

Sorry for yours. But, sure. Plus, I am a terrible diabetic and am grateful I'm not in worse shape. I go to the chiropractor and try to eat well, but there's a lot of falling off the wagon.

I have avoided western medicine, but I wonder about food dyes, adrenals, taking phen-fen in the 90's, food allergy to eggs, chemicals, etc, so many things.....

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

?I am also T1 diabetic for 27 years.  Just had GA show up last year.  I just started a Keto diet.  I'm hoping that it will affect the GA positively as a bonus to crazy good blood sugars lately.

• Posted

Hmmmm....interesting. I wonder if this is candida. I've also wondered about inflammation and from

What. AND....crazy weird...but wonder how honey bees could be part of the solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.