GA Weak Immune System?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just reading your replies tells me that GA has to be due to something our immune system is unable to keep in "check" because of stress or trauma. It seems like the majority of us are older which also makes sense because as we age our immune systems become weaker.

What it is our bodies can no longer keep in check remains a mystery ..... maybe it's a virus like chicken pox which returns later as shingles when our immune system is weak from old age?

What do you guys think...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes..maybe as we get older...

But let's not call it old age..

I like that famous quote...We all have to get older, but we don't have to get old.

xxxooT

• Posted

Okay you're right we are as old as we feel! Today I feel old...so, Seems like most of us can remember some sort of physical trauma or a stressful event (or both) seems like whatever it was pushed our already weakening immune systems "over the edge" and boom!

I have always been a stressed out nervous Nellie and stress weakens the immune system on its own and then with the stress and trauma my body went through with my hysterectomy that may have done me in!

All I know is the between all of on this forum we have tried everything to rid ourselves of this affliction and here we still are, poo!

• Posted

Yeah..I'm a nervous Nellie too..sick of myself being a worrier...

Be good to yourself.

Theresa

• Posted

I do not recall seeing male persons with GA, which reminds me that my rather expansive GA went away almost completely when I was pregnant with my last child.  Does that seem to be a hormonal response to the disease, one that males do not have?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.