GABA OR ANXIETY

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took 300mg of gaba for 5 months, came off it as it wasnt working for what it was given for, stopped cold turkey, its been 3 weeks now, and im having nasty mood swings, insomnia, vivid dreams, just feel overall hungover daily. I told doc and she says its my anxiety , that i was on such a low dose for such little time that the meds cant possibly be giving me side effects..

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That is such crap. You are experiencing the side effects of the drug. It is such a dangerous drug. It changes your brains chemistry and the brain has to recover. I have been off it now since August 22, 2016. I still have insomnia. It is 5:02AM and I have been up since 2:10AM after falling asleep at 10PM. The increase in pain you fell will continue and you will get used to some of it as your pain threshold increases. It will take time. There is no such thing as a small enough doe that it will not cause withdrawal..
    • Posted

How long were you on the gaba for? So sorry you are going through this please hang in there it gets better
  • Posted

hi guys, so today is the first day that i can actually say i feel better, the head pressure and weird feelings still there but i feel more awake, less hungover, i went to doc yesterday and she told me I might have fibromialgia, becuase i have lots of body pain and muscle pain for years , its only now gotten worse, and she said well you know what we give for that is gabapentin, and i said i rather be in pain than drink that pill again...she told me well you can speak to your neurologist and see what other meds they can put you on,,,,(im done with meds for now).
    • Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Yeah seems like some doctors are just unaware of the extreme side effects some people face when taking this medicine. I'm in a similar boat as you, I feel like I'm done with medicine for now. I still take my ADHD medicine but anything else just doesn't seem to agree with me unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.