Gabapentin??

Posted , 3 users are following.

did anyone else take this for shingles pain? I've been avoiding it because I was worried about the side effects (& just doing Advil ) but it is starting to feel like a lot of Advil....

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

where do you have shingles pain.

have you asked about the Shingex shot. it ok to have the immunization even after shingles breakout.

you could be experiencing nerve pain. ask your doc about this complication from shingles .

i have had the Shingex and the booster after breakout. it has lessoned reoccurrence and seriousness of shingles.

• Posted

Im not sure what dose they gave you, but i just recently got shingles, im only 32 so it was odd but i was already on gabepentin for nerve pain due to fibromyalgia. It really helps me, with the shingles also, just go light on it at first. It basically just numbs ur nerve endings a lil bit, it can make u feel very slightly drunk but i work in a restaurant on it and it really helps me get through the night.

• Posted

I started taking 100mg twice daily, but gave no relief. My Dr. increased me to 300mg 3xdaily. it does help taking along with 2 Aleves. According to your weigh, you may take as much as 600mg. I had no side effects from gabapentin. Things that I have found to help with the PHN is 4% licocaine spray or 5% lidocaine salve (requires Rx). Also I have found help while in our salt water swimming pool. I read via CDC that taking the Shingrix vaccine that it would help relieve PHN, but did not help me, but maybe after taking the second dose in November (which is 6 months after initial).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.