Gabapentin

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from sciatica and peripheral neuroapathy in the feet.  Have tried to address both with diet restrictions and daily walks.  Yet, the arthritis like pain in the back of my calfs and legs is getting intollerable.  

My girlfriend has extensive lung problems and chronic resultant pain from coughing for hours on end - in the back and thorax areas.  She was prescribed Gabapentin to relieve that pain.  Works for her.

So she gave me two tabs to try for my problems.  It was as though a miracle had taken place.  No pain whatsoever.  Almost no side effects - other than a slight feeling of increased relaxation.

Going to my MD tomorrow to talk him into a prescription for it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There are other discussions on Gabapentin also you might check.

yes, do talk to your doctor.  This is an anti-seizure med and should only be taken under the guidance of your physician.  Of course, it is used for other conditions. I actually have to take it for GI issues.  If the doctor does blood work, ask that your Magnesiun, Potassium and Vit B-12 levels be checked.  .  

• Posted

Thank you.  I will ask him to refer to a blood panel done recently.
  • Posted

A regular blood panel,may not include those and are often done separately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.