Gabapentin

Posted , 9 users are following.

Could 4600mgs of gabapentin a day be harmful?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Scott. When I started this thread I explained that my daughter was prescribed 4800 mgs daily. This exceeds the permitted dosage. She had a horrific 9 months with seizures and weight gain of one stone per month for nine months. She died suddenly in her sleep aged 44. You need to be especially careful of how this is reduced as done too quickly can be fatal. You need to seek professional advice and reduce in a carefully managed way. We are in the inquest process and health professionals agree this is far too high. Be very careful
  • Posted

Yes gabapentin is harmful, however so is advil, the body can only take so much substance, but just like everything it's process and time, so you may not see it, but it's definitely there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.